UC 160 is the front door to The OWU Connection. In this course, first-year students plot their four-year connection path.
At OWU, your connection with the University starts with a small credit (.25) class that pays big dividends in what you take away from here.
Limited to 16 students per section, UC 160: The OWU Experience, is an interdisciplinary course designed to connect new students to Ohio Wesleyan, this diverse intellectual community, and the ethos of a liberal arts education.
Because there’s a unique mix of students in each UC 160 class, no two sections will be exactly the same. However, you’ll find common curricular elements across the sections:
- Goals of a liberal arts education
- Introduction to the OWU Connection
- Introduction to campus resources
- Diversity and community
- Course selection and registration
- Panel sessions with upper-class students
- Service Learning project
- At least one academic and non-academic event
- Short, reflective writing assignments (4-6)
UC 160 instructors come from varied academic disciplines and college offices, but each is dedicated to helping launch you on a successful college experience and a lifetime of making connections.