It’s important to stay socially connected, and a great way to do that is by hosting a virtual BishopBox gathering!
What is Virtual BishopBox?
It’s a program designed to help you connect with Bishops from the comfort of your home. You come up with an idea, select a date and time to lead a virtual gathering.
We’ll help support your virtual event, of course, and encourage you to show your Bishop Pride!
How does it work?
First, share your idea for an event with the Alumni Relations team via the application below. Gatherings can be virtual trivia nights, happy hours, etc.
Once approved, your gathering becomes an official virtual BishopBox event and the fun begins
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Hosting the event from your home or office
Promoting the event:
- Spread the word to fellow alumni, friends, OWU parents, etc. and encourage them to register
- Reach out to fellow alumni individually and let them know about the virtual gathering
What are your follow-up obligations?
Provide a list of attendees, along with an screenshot image of the gathering within 48 hours of the event.
Once this information is submitted to our office, we will send a special thank you
What does Alumni Relations do to help?
Once we have the necessary details, we’ll do as much as we can to help!
This will include:
- Helping to determine the best video conferencing option for your gathering
- Promoting the event through electronic marketing under your signature
- Creating an event page and RSVP form on the Alumni Relations website
- Provide you with virtual OWU swag