New students, this is your opportunity to talk to and connect with upperclass students, staff, and fellow new students in a casual atmosphere before you arrive to campus. Sessions will be recorded and posted to this page at a later date if you are unable to attend.
Parents and family members, we also have provided opportunities for you to learn more information, connect with faculty and staff, and have conversations with other parents and family members of OWU students.
Please see the schedule of virtual hangouts and how to register for them below.
**All sessions will be recorded and posted to the web later for those who cannot attend.
New Student Sessions (all sessions besides the International Student Hangout begin at 6:30pm)
Students: Please register here for the sessions you would like to attend.
- June 16 - Camp Oh-Wooo: Learn More About Your Fall Orientation Experience -Link to Recording
- June 18 - Music and Theater Performance Opportunities at OWU - Link to Recording
- June 23 - Hispanic/Latinx Student Hangout & Conversation - Link to Recording
- June 25 - Living On-Campus: Conversation with Residential Life and Current OWU Students - Link to Recording
- June 30 - LGBTQIA+ Student Hangout & Conversation (to request the link to view this recording, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- July 7 - Black and African American Student Hangout & Conversation (to request the link to view this recording, please email email@example.com)
- July 9 - Getting Involved: Let's Chat About Greek Life, Clubs, and Organizations at OWU - Link to Recording
- July 14 - Academic Life at OWU & Preparing for Course Registration Link to Recording
- July 21 - Transfer Student Hangout & Conversation Link to Recording
- July 23 - International Student Hangout & Conversation Postponed until further notice due to schedule conflicts
Parent/Family Sessions (all sessions begin at 7:00pm)
Parents/Family Members: Please register here for the sessions you would like to attend.
- June 17 - Financial Aid and Student Accounts Conversation - Link to recording
- June 24 - Partnering to Success: How OWU Partners with Families to Support Students - Link to recording
- July 8 - Academic Life at OWU: Conversation with Dr. Lynda Hall, Associate Dean for Academic Performance, Professor of Psychology - Link to Recording
- Cancelled due to Fall 2020 Information Session that is occurring at this date and time: July 15 - Welcome from the Parent Association & Parent-to-Parent Conversation with Current OWU Families