Big changes are on the way for parking at OWU. Check back soon for exciting news and updated policies!
Like we said above, parking updates are on the way. However, if you get a ticket over the summer, here are some instructions. These policies are only valid for summer 2022 and will be replaced with updated regulations prior to 2022-2023 academic year, beginning in August of 2022.
Motor vehicles in violation of OWU parking regulations will be ticketed. Vehicles illegally parked in handicap spaces, no parking zones, fire lanes, reserved employee spaces, interfering with University business, or otherwise obstructing traffic may be towed without warning.
Any vehicle receiving more than four tickets in an academic year may be booted on all subsequent violations, in addition to receiving a ticket.
- Vehicles not displaying a valid registration are subject to vehicle immobilization on the third ticket.
- Vehicles that cannot be booted for any reason, including tire size, are subject to immediate towing.
- Vehicles may be booted for up to 72 hours, during which time the locking mechanism may be removed by paying a $75 fine. If a vehicle is immobilized for any reason and extenuating circumstances result in deferring the $75 boot fee at the time of removal, an additional $20 administrative fee will be assessed as a result of the deferment. The total cost of removal of the boot with deferred payment is $95.
- After 72 hours, the vehicle may be towed at the owner’s expense, and any ticket or boot fees will be added to the overall cost of recovering the vehicle.
- After a vehicle has been booted three times, the student may lose all on-campus parking privileges, and the student’s vehicle may be towed from any campus property.
The boot removal fine may be paid online at: https://www.sagepayments.net/eftcart/products.asp?M_id=541692785482, or at the Public Safety Office located in Welch Hall. Cash (exact change only) or check accepted. Credit cards are accepted during normal business hours only. If paid online, a copy of the email receipt must be provided prior to removal of the immobilization device.
Boot fees cannot be transferred to a student account. All other parking fines must be paid in the Accounting Office in University Hall Room 018. Unpaid fines will be transferred to the student’s account with a $5 posting fee per citation.
Improperly removing a boot may damage a vehicle as well as the boot and may result in criminal and OWU conduct charges. Vehicle boots are to be removed only by Public Safety Department personnel.
Students are subject to being sent to Student Conduct Office for failure to register and display a parking permit. Students should contact the Student Conduct Office at 740-368-3175 or visit the Public Safety Department to discuss the appeals process for any tickets issued by Public Safety officers.
Any student receiving a citation for an alleged parking violation(s) may appeal the citation through the Student Conduct System. All appeal requests must be submitted within seven (7) business days of the date of the citation.
Request a Parking Appeal
All parking appeal requests are reviewed and decided by a panel consisting of a member of the Public Safety staff and three - five student representatives. A letter regarding the outcome of this review is then sent to the student’s email address. All decisions made by this panel are final.
Parking Appeal Denied?
Any student whose parking appeals are denied has 20 business days to pay the fine. Fines can be paid online, or by cash or check in the Accounting Office, Room 018 of University Hall. Any fine not paid by the deadline is posted to the student’s account without additional notice.