Each of us in the OWU community has a great responsibility. If we follow campus guidelines and act with care and empathy, we can create a campus environment where OWU students, faculty, and staff can work, study, live, learn, and interact in ways that fulfill our educational mission and protect the health, safety, and well-being of us all.
This protocol is subject to change.
event: A planned public or social occasion on or off campus.
Gathering: an organic assembly of people, especially in social or festive nature that occurs outside of a planned event.
- In all public spaces and at all social gatherings:
- Fully vaccinated individuals (two weeks after final vaccination) are no longer required to wear face masks or to practice social distancing while outdoors or indoors on campus. Limits on the size of gatherings have been eliminated for vaccinated individuals. Fully vaccinated employees may resume traveling domestically on OWU business.
Vaccinated faculty, staff, and students will not be required to wear masks during on-campus classes, work, or research projects.
Unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth and practice appropriate social distancing while inside (unless they are alone in their enclosed office). Masks and social distancing are not required outdoors. Unvaccinated individuals may not participate in travel for OWU-related purposes.
- Please be advised that your student group is responsible for ensuring that safety protocols are followed during events or gatherings hosted by your group. If your group holds an unauthorized event or if your group fails to enforce safety protocols, and should someone test positive for COVID-19 and tracing directly to your event/gathering, your group may be responsible for the cost of testing others in attendance.
Registration of Events and Gatherings
- All events/gatherings with greater than 10 people in attendance must be registered on Engage at least 3 business days in advance.
- Only current OWU students, faculty, and staff will be permitted to attend OWU events and gatherings unless prior permission is granted by the University.
- Events/gatherings with more than 10 people with food can only distribute prepackaged food only, or must have food served by AVI staff. No buffet or communal dining style will be permitted.
- Students will be required to register events through Engage to receive approval from AVI staff. It must meet the following requirements:
- Events with food on-campus must be done through AVI Dining Services. Kitchens and serveries of the University will not be used for catered events by outside parties without permission. AVI must be given the “first right of refusal” before a student organization and/or group contracts with an outside vendor. Exceptions can and will be made at the discretion of AVI and OWU, as partners.
- If a student organization wants to table in the atrium, all reservations must be made online on Engage. This is on a first come first serve basis.
- Student organizations can email posters with specific dates to include on the HWCC atrium televisions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posters, flyers, handbills, notices, and other publicity such as promotions may not be placed under the doors of the residents in residence halls.
- Domestic travel should occur only when necessary. All members of the community are encouraged to carefully monitor available public health information to determine the level of risk of contracting coronavirus during travels. In the spirit that we are all in this together, students are urged to remain on campus throughout the semester.
- If a student organization is interested in traveling, please read below for policy guidelines:
- Travel Roster & Registration
- Temperature/Health Checks
- All individuals must undergo a health and temperature check prior to boarding the transportation. A thermometer can be checked out at the Student Involvement Office.
- Any individual displaying symptoms or showing a consistent fever will NOT be permitted to travel.
- Universal Masking & Risk Mitigation Protocols on Transportation
- All individuals MUST WEAR A MASK while on the transportation.
- Physical distancing should be maintained at all times on the trip.
- All individuals are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water frequently on the trip.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for transportation and supplies can be checked out at the Student Involvement Office.
- Travel Guidelines
- Student organization can rent the OWU bus, charter buses, or school buses.
- All bus capacity numbers will be limited to half.
- E. – On a 56-passenger bus, we will only be permitted to have 26 individuals on board for a trip.
- Student organizations can rent OWU vans for travel. OWU van travel WILL have a maximum capacity of four people per van.
- No out of state or overnight travel is permitted.
- No eating on the transportation.
- No using the restroom on the bus.
- Seating on the bus should follow the pattern outlined in the diagram below:
- The first row of seats will remain empty, unless there is dire need to be occupied
- The formation may differ based on the capacity of the bus
- Students should avoid collecting cash for fundraisers. If students want to sell apparel or nonfood items, they can use the OWU Pop-Up Shop or In-Store Promo options. To learn more about these email email@example.com.
- Student events and/or fundraisers that involve students preparing food in any way with University funds and/or to represent a student organization or group must be approved by AVI Dining Services staff and the SIO. Fundraising events can be registered on Engage. Until further notice, all food items that are sold by student groups for fundraising purposes are suspended.
- Students can reserve DVDs and equipment from the OWU Media Center. All DVDs and equipment will need to be reserved at least one week in advance and pickups and drop-offs will be by appointment only. Reserve media equipment.
- The Student Involvement Office will offer limited supplies for student organizations during 2020-2021. These include one time use items like construction paper and paper rolls.
- A form can be completed on Engage to request balloons, ellison machine letters and plexiglass. SIO Desk Assistant will complete projects using gloves.
- Student organizations cannot store items or supplies in the SIO until further notice.
- Club storage will be available for student organizations to get supplies. Only one student may enter the room at a time and surfaces and keys must be disinfected after use.