The Last Email Address You’ll Ever Need
Welcome to Email For Life (EFL) from Ohio Wesleyan University! We’re glad you’ve decided to take advantage of this special, free service exclusively for OWU alumni. If you have any questions or concerns about this service, including technical support, please contact us at email@example.com.
An Overview of Your EFL Service
You can start using EFL right away as:
- A full-featured, Web-based email service hosted by Google. Compose and read your messages from any Web browser in the world, anytime you want. Send attachments (like digital photos) from your Web browser, too. Take advantage of online chat, online calendar, online word processing and spreadsheets, and build your own personal Web site. All with 7 GB of storage space.
- A simple email forwarding service. Just configure your EFL account settings to forward mail to your current address (home, work, etc.), and any messages that come to your EFL account will automatically be redirected to the email address you specify. You can turn mail forwarding on or off anytime you want.
Either way, no matter how many times you change jobs or Internet Service Providers, friends and family will be able to reach you through a single EFL address.
Your EFL address is simply your username followed by @owu.edu. For example, if your username is john.doe.2010, then your new EFL email address is firstname.lastname@example.org … it’s that easy!
How You Can Start Using EFL
If you graduated after 1993 and you already have an OWU email account, you can convert it to EFL right now from this Web page. You’ll be asked to log in with your current OWU email account username and password.
If you graduated in 1993 or earlier, or if you do not have an OWU email account, contact Information Services for an EFL account, then follow these steps:
- Click on the “Read the EFL Terms of Service” link below, and review the terms. Then come back here and click on the “I have read and agree to the EFL Terms of Service” link.
- We will need to have an alternate, non-OWU email address on file for you.
- You will be prompted for your alternate email address. Just type that in and click the Subit Request button. A password reset link will then be sent to that address.
- Follow the link to create a new account password.
- EFL account is set up, surf over to BishopMail to go directly to your new Inbox.
Note: Once you activate your EFL account, it will automatically become your primary email address in the OWU system. It is not necessary to contact Alumni Records to update this information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: An example username is john.doe.2010 … not email@example.com. Do not include @owu.edu in your username when you activate your EFL account. The EFL activation will not work unless you omit the @owu.edu.
Read the EFL Terms of Service