Ohio Wesleyan offers emergency funds of up to $1,000 to help eligible students pay for non-school-related expenses that threaten their ability to remain enrolled at the University and to complete their degree.

What They Cover

OWU Emergency Funds are available for such things as unexpected vehicle repairs that threaten your ability to keep your off-campus job or urgent medical expenses not covered by your insurance (emergency funds are not available to pay for school-related expenses such as tuition, room and board, travel-away opportunities, books or personal technology). 

Who’s Eligible?

To be eligible for OWU Emergency Funds, U.S. students must have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $12,000 or less per year (the Office of Financial Aid is able to help verify eligibility if needed). Needs for international students will be assessed in consultation with the Dean of Students office.

How to Apply

Contact the Office of the Dean of Students. A member of the team will review your situation with you. With their guidance, you’ll complete a short online application at owu.dreamkeepers.org

Receiving Funds

If your application for funding is approved, the University hopes to have the funds ready for use within one to two business days. Typically, you won't receive funds directly; payment will be made to a service provider (such as an auto mechanic) on your behalf, based on cost estimates or other required documentation. 

Grant Source

OWU Emergency Funds are possible as a result of generous funding from WCSA. 

Have Questions?

Verify your FAFSA status or EFC by contacting the Financial Aid Office located on the second floor of Slocum Hall in Room 246, at 740-368-3050, or at financialaid@owu.edu.

Discuss your need with a Dean in the Office of Student Engagement and Success on the second floor of Hamilton-Williams Campus Center, at 740-368-3135, or at emergencygrant@owu.edu.