Welcome to the OWU Legacy Internship Program!
The Legacy Internship Program gives legacy students the opportunity to apply for internships in various academic departments and offices on the Ohio Wesleyan campus. The internships allow students to build marketable skills and add internship experiences to their resumes.
Goals for the Program
Give legacy students an opportunity to build marketable job skills while they attend OWU.
Complement the Student Assistantship Program (StAP), which allows all current students to apply for internships. By giving legacy students the opportunity to apply for a Legacy Internship, more Ohio Wesleyan students will be able to participate in internships during the academic year.
Give campus departments, offices, and programs an opportunity to create legacy internships that provide meaningful work experience.
Note: Please review the guidelines and instructions thoroughly before completing the Legacy Supervisor Proposal form. Thank you!
- Position listings for the 2021-2022 academic year
- View Legacy Student Guidelines
- Legacy Application Form
- Legacy Student Ranking Form
2021-2022 Legacy Internship Timeline
- Wednesday: February 17th: Call to supervisors to post position descriptions
- Sunday, March 7th at 11:59 pm: Deadline for supervisors to submit positions descriptions
- Due to time constraints, this date and time cannot be extended
- On or before Friday, March 19th: Notice to supervisors of accepted positions
- Monday, March 22nd: Student Applications begin
- Information about applicants will be made available to supervisors on a rolling basis
- Interviews can begin
- Wednesday, April 7th at 11:59 pm: Deadline for students to apply for a position
- Friday, April 16th at 11:59 pm: Deadline for interview feedback and candidate ranking
- Deadline for students to submit position rankings
- Wednesday, April 21st: Legacy application notices are expected to be sent out
- Students notified if accepted
- Friday, April 23rd: Students must accept or decline positions
Questions? Email the Legacy Internship Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.