Welcome to the OWU Legacy Internship Program!
The Legacy Internship Program gives legacy students the opportunity to apply for internships in various academic departments and offices on the Ohio Wesleyan campus. For the purpose of this program, legacy students are those students who have a parent, grandparent, step-parent or step-grandparent who graduated from Ohio Wesleyan. The internships allow students to build marketable skills and add internship experiences to their resumes.
Goals for the Program
Give legacy students an opportunity to build marketable job skills while they attend OWU.
Complement the Student Assistantship Program (StAP), which allows all current students to apply for internships. By giving legacy students the opportunity to apply for a Legacy Internship, more Ohio Wesleyan students will be able to participate in internships during the academic year.
Give campus departments, offices, and programs an opportunity to create legacy internships that provide meaningful work experience.
2020-2021 Legacy Internship Timeline
- Wednesday February 12th: Call to supervisors to post position descriptions
- Sunday March 8th @ 11:59pm: Deadline for supervisors to submit positions descriptions
- Due to time constraints, this date and time cannot be extended
- Friday March 20th: Notice to supervisors of accepted positions
- Wednesday March 25th: Student Applications begin
- Information about applicants will be made available to supervisors on a rolling basis
- Interviews can begin
- Wednesday April 8th @ 11:59pm: Deadline for students to apply for position
- Friday April 17th @ 11:59 pm: Deadline for interview feedback and candidate ranking
- Deadline for students to submit position rankings
- Wednesday April 22nd: Legacy application notices are expected to be sent out
- Students notified if accepted
- Friday April 24th: Students must accept or decline positions
Still have questions? Email the Legacy Internship Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.