Established in 2014, the OWU Staff Council represents hourly and salaried staff at Ohio Wesleyan University.
The OWU Staff Council works to facilitate and improve communication access across campus, especially with relationships among staff, the President, and senior officers. Our goal is to recognize the outstanding contributions from staff and to promote a positive and rewarding workplace. Every employee’s thoughts, concerns, and vision for a better Ohio Wesleyan guide our efforts.
Elected by their peers, Staff Council members represent colleagues in their areas and meet regularly as a body and with the President to discuss issues, provide input, and share ideas pertinent to non-faculty employees.
Any questions or comments regarding the University can be submitted online, and we will do our best to respond quickly and completely. Also, you may offer feedback directly to any Staff Council member. We exist to serve all Ohio Wesleyan employees, and we look forward to serving you.
Staff Council meets monthly during the academic year – if you have an issue that you would like the Staff Council to address, please contact us, and the council will determine the most appropriate forum to address it.
Upcoming Events / Important Dates:
- Revised Spring Academic Calendar
- Wellness Wednesday: Health at Your Desk Webinar with Airrosti - Wednesday, November 4 from 2-2:30 pm via Zoom
- Emotional Stages and Coping Skills (NAMI Presentation) - Wednesday, November 4 at 3 pm via Zoom
- Small Group Emotional Stages and Coping Skills sessions (NAMI Presentation) - Tuesday, November 17 at 3 pm via Zoom
- You are OWU November Awards Presentation - Wednesday, November 18 at 12 pm via Zoom
- Staff Town Hall - Thursday, November 19 from 10-noon via Zoom
- Wellness Wednesday: Complimentary 20-Minute Virtual Injury Assessments - Wednesday, December 2 from 11 am - 1pm via Zoom
- Ending the Silence for Staff (NAMI Presentation) - Thursday, December 10 at 3 pm via Zoom
- Wellness Wednesday: Plantar Fasciitis Webinar with Airristi - Wednesday, January 6, 2021 from 2-2:30 pm via Zoom
- Staff Town Hall - Friday, January 15 from 10 - 11:30 am via Zoom