Established in 2014, the OWU Staff Council represents hourly and salaried staff at Ohio Wesleyan University.
The OWU Staff Council works to facilitate and improve communication access across campus, especially with relationships among staff, the President, and senior officers. Our goal is to recognize the outstanding contributions from staff and to promote a positive and rewarding workplace. Every employee’s thoughts, concerns, and vision for a better Ohio Wesleyan guide our efforts.
Elected by their peers, Staff Council members represent colleagues in their areas and meet regularly as a body and with the President to discuss issues, provide input, and share ideas pertinent to non-faculty employees.
Any questions or comments regarding the University can be submitted online, and we will do our best to respond quickly and completely. Also, you may offer feedback directly to any Staff Council member. We exist to serve all Ohio Wesleyan employees, and we look forward to serving you.
Staff Council meets monthly during the academic year – if you have an issue that you would like the Staff Council to address, please contact us, and the council will determine the most appropriate forum to address it.
- 27th MLK Celebration Annual Breakfast, Monday, January 20
- "Pursuing the Dream" OWU Community Speech featuring Dr. Korie L. Edwards, Monday, January 20 at 12 noon in Merrick 301
- Annual Bishop Backer Community Day - Saturday, January 25
- Annual Givings "Major Madness" Giving Challenge, March 18-19
- Spring 2020 "You Are OWU" award dates (nominations are due the Wednesday prior): February 25, March 31, and April 28
- Golden Bishops Award Ceremony, April 18
- Day on the Jay - April 24
- All Staff Meeting - April 29, 3:30 pm