As OWU, we are a community built on authentic, ongoing relationships. We aim to provide a culture in which everyone benefits from respect, support, and inclusion.
OWU Guiding Principles
As members of the OWU community, we ...
- Value the interests and concerns of all members of our community.
- Honor the commitments we make.
- Respect and appreciate every person.
- Demonstrate excellence by doing our best in all circumstances.
- Support others by listening, being accessible, and providing timely responses.
- Solve problems through positive, engaged interactions.
OWU Community Standards
I take pride in being a valuable member of the OWU community and represent the University appropriately at all times.
I start from a position of “How can I help?” I am respectful, authentic, and empathetic. I provide assistance and collaborate with others to resolve issues.
I take responsibility for supporting the mission and goals of the University and my department. I make decisions within my expertise and authority, and entrust everyone to do the same.
I understand the importance of clear, transparent, and regular communication. I commit to sharing and receiving information appropriately.
I recognize and value diversity and inclusivity within the OWU community.
I adapt and continue to learn as OWU evolves to meet ever-changing needs.
I protect the privacy and security of confidential information and assets. I take appropriate action to mitigate risk to the University.