Some departments have special requirements to declare a major or secure a scholarship. Read on to find out if these requirements apply to you.
Students wishing to enter the Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Arts degree programs must fulfill the admission requirements of OWU and demonstrate acceptable performance ability by an audition. It is recommended that students appear in person for the audition. If you are unable to audition on campus, an audition can be uploaded to the OWU SlideRoom site. Students who do not audition prior to arriving on campus and express an interest in a music degree program must audition prior the first day of classes.
Music also offers music scholarships:
- Required: Audition Application Form.
- Required: Audition. To be considered for the music program, you can audition on campus and select the appropriate date on the Audition Application Form, or schedule an individual visit with the department. If you are unable to visit campus, you can go to the OWU SlideRoom site and upload your audition/supplemental materials. Material submission due by February 1.
- Music Scholarships: Students must audition on campus to be considered for Music Scholarships. For audition dates, click here. Make sure you select an Audition Date on the Audition Application Form.
Fine Arts, Theatre, and Dance Supplement
Fine Arts, Theatre, and Dance offer four year scholarships to incoming students who major in one of these areas. To be considered for scholarships, students must provide supplemental information, such as a portfolio or audition. It is recommended that students appear in person for the audition. If you are unable to audition on campus, supplemental materials can be uploaded to the OWU SlideRoom site. Auditions can be scheduled throughout the year by contacting the Theatre & Dance or Fine Arts Departments.
Fine Arts Supplement
- Required: Fine Arts Scholarship Application.
- Required: Provide at least one sealed letter of recommendation from an art instructor with whom you have recently studied.
- Required: Submit a portfolio of your work for review by the Fine Arts faculty, due by February 1.
- It is recommended that you submit original work. It can be mailed or brought to an on campus Portfolio Day. To learn more about submission requirements click here.
- If you are unable to submit original work, you can go to the OWU SlideRoom site and upload your supplemental materials.
Theatre and Dance Supplement
- Required: Theatre Scholarship Application Form
- Required: Provide materials in the area in which you would like to concentrate that highlight your experience and talent. Material submission due by February 1.
- Required: Two letters of recommendations. Ask a director or theatre teacher to write a letter describing your abilities and potential.
- If you are unable to audition on campus, you can go to the OWU SlideRoom site and upload the required materials.