Academics & Support

How will credit for AP/IB/A-levels transfer [based on changes due to COVID-19]?

In recent weeks, the Advanced Placement Board and the International Baccalaureate program have announced that their regular exams have been canceled and/or moved online. A-level exams have also been canceled. In the OWU Catalog, we determine whether students receive credit for their work via these programs based on exam scores.

If I had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) in high school, will accommodations be the same at Ohio Wesleyan?

Students may receive similar accommodations at Ohio Wesleyan, but are no longer covered under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) laws. Recommendations from doctor(s) are taken into consideration, but accommodations are not guaranteed.  In addition, we also have Bishop ACCESS, a 15-week fee-based program where students who need an additional level of academic and out-of-class support receive one-on-one academic coaching. You can learn more about it here.

Are emotional support animals allowed on campus?

Ohio Wesleyan is committed to providing housing accommodation to students with disabilities in compliance with the most recent guidance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Fair Housing Act (FHA). Students who require an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) may be permitted to bring an animal to campus as long as they comply with OWU’s ESA policy. Typically, support animals are permitted only within the student’s dwelling and only if there is a documented nexus between the disability and the support the animal provides. A student may be approved for up to one animal. To request an ESA application contact Amanda Rodenborg, Director of OWU’s Accessibility Services Office, at