We’re so excited you’re coming to Ohio Wesleyan! We're here to support you through the transition from high school to college. Our programs- Virtual Summer Orientation, Move-In Day, and Camp Oh-Wooo —will prepare you for your next four years.
- Virtual Summer Orientation In monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19, CDC guidelines, and higher education best practices, Ohio Wesleyan University will no longer be holding in-person June orientation dates. Instead, we are moving to a virtual orientation experience that students will be able to complete remotely.
- Towards the end of May, students will receive more information in regards to the virtual orientation experience and how they will complete course registration remotely in collaboration with a faculty registration guide. The virtual orientation will be asynchronous, but will need to be completed in June.
- Fall course registration with a academic advisor will take place in August when students arrive to campus.
- Students have the opportunity to engage in a number of virtual sessions/conversations throughout the June and July. More info can be found here.
- Camp Oh-Wooo continues your orientation experience after you move-in.
- Move-in Day is Sunday, August 16, 2020. Camp Oh-Wooo will be from Monday-Wednesday, August 17-19, 2020. Classes begin Thursday, August 20.
- Camp Oh-Wooo is designed to:
- Ease the transition to college and welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to Ohio Wesleyan’s traditions and expectations
- Help you feel a part of the community right away
- Prepare you for the academic rigor of Ohio Wesleyan by providing you with tools and resources to be successful in your classes from day one!
- The three camp tracks are:
- Challenge, Wilderness, and Service.
- A form to select your camp preference is included in the new student summer orientation course. In early August, you will be sent your specific camp and details about your camp.
- Fall NCAA sanctioned athletes (cross-country, field hockey, football, soccer, volleyball) WILL NOW participate in a Camp Oh-Wooo track due to the change in the fall sports schedule.