We’re so excited you’re coming to Ohio Wesleyan! We're here to support you through the transition from high school to college. Our programs- Summer Orientation, Move-In Day, and Camp Oh-Wooo —will prepare you for your next four years.
In monitoring the evolving situation around COVID-19, CDC guidelines, and higher education best practices, Ohio Wesleyan University will no longer be holding in-person June orientation dates. Instead, we are moving to a virtual orientation experience that students will be able to complete remotely. Towards the end of May, students will receive more information in regards to the virtual orientation experience and how they will complete course registration remotely in collaboration with a faculty registration guide. The virtual orientation will be asynchronous, but will need to be completed in June. Fall course registration with a faculty registration guide will also take place in late June. Additionally students will be assigned to small groups with orientation leaders to still engage with one another. Thank you for understanding as we want to ensure everyone's safety and wellness. For any additional questions please email email@example.com.
A form to select your camp preference will be sent out in early July. Then in early August, you will be sent your specific camp and details about your camp. If you are a Fall sanctioned athlete then you will attend team training.
- Camp Oh-Wooo continues your orientation experience after you move-in.
- Move-in Day is Thursday, August 20, 2020. Camp Oh-Wooo will be from Friday-Sunday, August 21-23, 2020. There will be two additional days of on-campus programming on August 24-25, 2020 for incoming students. Classes will begin on Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
- Camp Oh-Wooo is designed to:
- Ease the transition to college and welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to Ohio Wesleyan’s traditions and expectations
- Help you feel a part of the community right away
- Prepare you for the academic rigor of Ohio Wesleyan by providing you with tools and resources to be successful in your classes from day one!
- The four camp options are:
- Challenge Camp, Wilderness Camp, Service Camp, and City Camp