The information listed below was for 2019. Program information for 2020 will be released soon.
We’re so excited you’re coming to Ohio Wesleyan! We're here to support you through the transition from high school to college. Our programs- Summer Orientation, Move-In Day, and Camp Oh-Wooo —will prepare you for your next four years.
As a new first-year student, you are REQUIRED to attend two orientation programs: Orientation and Camp Oh-Wooo!
- Summer Orientation begins your transition to college.
- June 19 & 20, June 22 & 23 and June 26 & 27. You only need to attend ONE session.
- If you cannot make one of the June Orientation dates, there is a make-up date (for students only) on Tuesday August 20th.
- This program is the first step on your collegiate journey toward the successful completion of your goals. During Orientation, you will meet with upper-class students to discuss the social adjustments and opportunities that college presents. You will meet other first-year students to begin to build new friendships and support networks. Finally, you will be introduced to academic life at Ohio Wesleyan, and will leave the program with your fall class schedule.
- For the orientation sessions in June, students are housed on-campus in one of the residence halls. Parent housing on-campus is not available. A list of area hotels can be found by clicking here.
- Camp Oh-Wooo continues your orientation experience after you move-in.
- August 16th-18th
- Camp Oh-Wooo is designed to:
- Ease the transition to college and welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to Ohio Wesleyan’s traditions and expectations
- Help you feel a part of the community right away
- Prepare you for the academic rigor of Ohio Wesleyan by providing you with tools and resources to be successful in your classes from day one!
- The four camp options are:
- Challenge Camp, Wilderness Camp, Service Camp and City Camp
- On-campus programming for everyone occurs August 19th and 20th