We’re so excited you’re coming to Ohio Wesleyan! There’s lots to do as you make the transition from high school, and our events—Summer Orientation, Move-In Day, and Camp Oh-Wooo —will get you ready for your next four years, help you meet new classmates, give you the help you need to plan that all-important first-semester schedule, and answer any questions you have. Be sure to be here for every event. You won’t want to miss a minute.
As a new first-year student, you are REQUIRED to attend two “orientation” events: Orientation and Camp Oh-Wooo!
- Summer Orientation begins your transition to college. This program is the first step on your collegiate journey toward the successful completion of your goals. During Orientation, you will meet with upper-class students to discuss the social adjustments and opportunities that college presents. You will meet other first-year students to begin to build new friendships and support networks. Finally, you will be introduced to academic life at Ohio Wesleyan, and will leave the program with your fall class schedule. Three Orientation sessions will be held in June (20-21; 23-24; 27-28); you only need to attend one session. If you cannot make one of the June Orientation dates, there is a make-up date for STUDENTS ONLY on Tuesday, August, 21. More information is available on the Summer Orientation page.
For the orientation sessions in June, students are housed on-campus in one of the residence halls. Parent housing on-campus is not available. A list of area hotels can be found by clicking here.
- Camp Oh-Wooo is designed to:
- Ease the transition to college and welcome you to campus
- Introduce you to Ohio Wesleyan’s traditions and expectations
- Help you feel a part of the community right away
- Prepare you for the academic rigor of Ohio Wesleyan by providing you with tools and resources to be successful in your classes from day one!
- Choose from one of four Camp Oh-Wooo experiences (Challenge, Wilderness, Service, City).
Camp Oh-Wooo will take place August 17-19, 2018 at the selected camp locations, with on-campus programming for everyone occurring August 20-21.
Classes will begin on Wednesday August 22, 2018.
Move-In Day will be on Thursday, August 16, 2018 from 8 a.m. to noon.