We’re so excited you’re coming to Ohio Wesleyan! There’s lots to do as you make the transition from high school, and our opposite-of-ordinary events—Orientation, Camp Oh-Wooo!, Move-In Day, and Oh-Wooo Welcome —will get you ready for your next four years, help you meet and bond with new classmates, give you the help you need to plan that all-important first-semester schedule, and answer any question you can possibly think of. Be sure to be here for every event. You won’t want to miss a minute.
As a new first-year student, you are REQUIRED to attend two “orientation” events: Orientation and Oh-Wooo Welcome!
- Orientation begins your transition to college. This program is the first step on your collegiate journey towards the successful completion of your goals. During Orientation, you will meet with upper-class students to discuss the social adjustments and opportunities that coming to college presents. You will meet other first-year students to begin to build new friendships and support networks. Finally, you will be introduced to academic life at Ohio Wesleyan, and will leave the program with your fall class schedule. Three Orientation sessions will be held in June (20-21; 23-24; 27-28); you only need to attend one of these sessions. If you cannot make one of the June Orientation dates, there is a make-up date for STUDENTS ONLY on Tuesday, August, 22nd. More information can be found on the orientation page.
For the orientation sessions in June, students are housed on-campus in one of the residence halls. Parent housing on-campus is not available. A list of area hotels can be found by clicking here.
- Oh-Wooo Welcome is designed to:
- Ease the transition to college to welcome you to campus and the Delaware community
- Introduce you to Ohio Wesleyan’s traditions and expectations
- Help you feel a part of the community right away
- Prepare you for the academic rigor of Ohio Wesleyan by providing you with tools and resources to be successful in your classes from day one!
Oh-Wooo Welcome will take place August 20-22, 2017. Classes will begin on Wednesday August 23, 2017.
Move-In Day -Sunday, August 20th, 2017 from 8 a.m. to Noon. Find helpful information about your residence hall, including directions and parking by clicking here!