2019 Paths of Victory Awards
OWU’s Office of Multicultural Student Affairs Celebrates Student Impact, Accomplishments
Ohio Wesleyan University’s Office of Multicultural Student Affairs recognized the outstanding leadership, academic achievement, and community impact of OWU’s multicultural and marginalized students during its April 18 Paths of Victory Awards.
The following students were honored during the celebration (formerly called KuShinda) for achievements during 2018-2019 academic year:
Rising Star Leadership Award
Presented to first-year students who have shown passion for participation in the OWU community.
- Kemoni Alexander of Miami, Florida
- Anna duSaire of Minneapolis, Minnesota
Lotus Leadership Award
A person’s path in life is said to be similar to that of the Lotus: Starting as a seed, growing through murky water, emerging as a bud, and finally blooming into full potential. Presented to students who have gone through the path of the lotus and shown dedicated participation in the OWU community.
- Wutthinee “Rung” Runsaeng of Amphoe Mueng, Samutprakarn, Bangkok
- Adedayo Akinmadeyemi of Columbus, Ohio
Najaah Excellence Award
Presented to third-year students who have excelled and distinguished themselves as leaders or outstanding advocates in the OWU community.
- Jenelle Collier of Clinton, Maryland
- Keionna Badie of North Chicago, Illinois
The Rev. Jon R. Powers Jitstis Sosyal
Presented to students who have shown leadership in the interfaith community.
- Delanie Baker of Ventura, California
- Ahmed Hamed of Hilliard, Ohio
Greg Moore NayToe Warrior Spirit Award
Presented to students who have changed the perspective of leadership, participated in activism, and brought awareness to underrepresented OWU communities.
- Cindy Huynh of West Chester, Ohio
- Daniela Black of Dublin, Ohio
Pete and Barbara Smith Outstanding Student Leadership Award
Presented to students who have participated in a leadership position for a recognized student organization this school year. The students have shown immense dedication to their organization through community building and leadership.
- Hope Lopez of Wheat Ridge, Colorado
- Selam Weldu of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
In the OWU Spirit Award
Presented to current students who have embodied the OWU spirit through scholarship, leadership, and service.
- Shay Manuela of Vianen ut, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Milany Duarte of Cabo Verde
Presented to current students who have positively influenced a program or organization from behind the scenes with a positive attitude, a willingness to help in whatever capacity necessary, and a commitment to excellence.
- Mona Lynch of Columbus, Ohio
- Ky-Ree Burton of Cleveland, Ohio
Harambee Outstanding Organization Award
Presented to student organizations that have contributed to campus programming and dialogue. The organizations have gone above and beyond to share the club’s significance through campus programming.
- Black Student Union
Congratulations to these outstanding students and all who were recognized at the 2019 Paths of Victory Awards!