OWU Students Tapped for National Honor Society in Recognition of Their Scholarship, Leadership, Service
DELAWARE, Ohio – Ohio Wesleyan University tapped 12 students for 2020 membership in the Mortar Board national honor society. Mortar Board recognizes students with senior standing for exemplary scholarship, leadership and service.
The honor society, founded in 1918, also “provides opportunities for continued leadership development, promotes service to colleges and universities, and encourages lifelong contributions to the global community.”
Ohio Wesleyan’s newest Mortar Board members are:
- Rachel Albers of Mason, Ohio. Albers will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 secretary/treasurer.
- Gabi Campana of Ravenna, Ohio.
- Alax Crawford of South Lyon, Michigan. Crawford will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 vice president.
- Davis Graham of Canton, Ohio.
- Maria Lagrotteria of Middletown, Maryland.
- Anna McReynolds of Rancho Cucamonga, California.
- Emma Neeper of Sunbury, Ohio.
- Amelia Richardson of Lakewood, Ohio. Richardson will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 president.
- Ricky Sammartino of Youngstown, Ohio. Sammartino will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 tapping chair.
- Christina Semeraro of Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Semeraro will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 social chair.
- Makayla Trebella of Girard, Ohio. Trebella will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 membership chair.
- Katie Werner of Cincinnati, Ohio. Werner will serve as the group’s 2020-2012 historian/alumni chair.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more than 90 undergraduate majors and competes in 24 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through Ohio Wesleyan’s signature OWU Connection program, students integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply their knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included in the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “best colleges” lists. Learn more at owu.edu.