Ohio Wesleyan Inducts 23 Students into National Leadership Honor Society
DELAWARE, Ohio – Ohio Wesleyan University inducted 23 students into the Omicron Delta Kappa national leadership honor society during a campus ceremony May 1. Omicron Delta Kappa recognizes students for excellence in leadership and character development.
Ohio Wesleyan’s 2019 Omicron Delta Kappa inductees are:
- Maxwell Aaronson of Osterville, Massachusetts
- Sophia Ahmed of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
- Erin Bitzer of Wassenaar, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Katie Comstock of Fairlawn, Ohio
- Duncan Copeland of San Diego, California
- Maia Garbett of Nashville, Tennessee
- Jamie Grant of Falls Church, Virginia
- Alysa Grindlinger of Falmouth, Maine
- Sophia Hallam of Delaware, Ohio
- Jax Harville of Marion, Ohio
- Jin Jun of Bucheon-Si, South Korea
- Sam Miller of Oakwood, Ohio
- Annie Miner of Bowling Green, Ohio
- Natalie Nickels of Westerville, Ohio
- Maddie Penn of Columbus, Ohio
- Hope Poolos of Sylvania, Ohio
- Bridget Roddy of Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Erin Ross of Middlefield, Ohio
- Taylor Shinaberry of Bethesda, Maryland
- Megan Sievers of Strongsville, Ohio
- Alix Templeman of Stirling, New Jersey
- Hannah Wargo of Medina, Ohio
- Ben Whitbourn of Dereham, United Kingdom
Founded in 1914, the national honor society seeks members who demonstrate leadership in one of five phases of campus life: scholarship; athletics; campus or community service, social and religious activities, and campus government; journalism, speech and mass media; and creative and performing arts.
Undergraduate students selected for induction also must be juniors or seniors, rank in the upper 35 percent of their class, and demonstrate the five Omicron Delta Kappa ideals of scholarship, service, integrity, character, and fellowship.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more than 90 undergraduate majors and competes in 25 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through Ohio Wesleyan’s signature OWU Connection program, students integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply their knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included in the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “best colleges” lists. Learn more at www.owu.edu.