An unlimited number of Life or Eagle Scouts and Gold or Silver Award Girl Scouts will be selected by Ohio Wesleyan University and awarded a $32,000 annual and renewable scholarship for up to 4 years, worth over 65 percent of tuition and mandatory fees. (If awarded, the Scholarship will replace the previously awarded merit scholarship of a lesser amount.) The deadline to apply is March 1.
- Applicants must be admitted into Ohio Wesleyan and complete the financial aid process. Applicants must carry a GPA of 3.6 for consideration. Learn about OWU's test optional policy.
- Applicants must be a Life or Eagle Scout or a Gold or Silver Award recipient. (There are no other restrictions.)
- Applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from his or her Scoutmaster. The letter can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the scout and his/her home city and state.
- Ohio Wesleyan will award an unlimited number of $32,000 scholarships annually to qualified students. The award shall be renewable for a period of up to four years provided the recipient remains in good academic standing at Ohio Wesleyan (2.0 GPA). If awarded, the Life/Eagle Scout Scholarship will replace any previously awarded scholarship.*
- Students receiving this award may be invited to compete for additional scholarships that would be offered in addition to this award or replace it. The OWU Life/Eagle Scout and Silver/Gold Scout Scholarship would only be replaced if a student was awarded the full-tuition Schubert Scholarship.*
- Those wishing to be considered must apply for admission and submit their Scoutmaster letter of recommendation by March 1.
* Ohio Wesleyan University merit scholarship opportunities are subject to change each academic year. See Financial Aid, Scholarships, & Tuition for the most up-to-date information.