All International Students are eligible for our merit scholarships and need-based aid.
Tuition and Costs
Find out how much tuition, room, and board costs at Ohio Wesleyan University. Also includes information related to books and other fees. Learn More.
Merit Scholarships, Department Awards, and Need-Based Aid
Ohio Wesleyan offers both merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid to international students. No additional application is required for the merit-based scholarships as all applicants for admission are automatically considered. However, if you wish to apply for need-based financial aid, please complete the financial aid application in your applicant portal.
All scholarships and awards are provided annually for up to eight semesters of enrollment or until graduation (whichever comes first), provided the student remains in good academic standing.
The specific amounts of scholarship money and financial aid received are different for each applicant and we work on a case-by-case basis. The range of financial assistance in 2021-2022 for international students was between $5,000 to full tuition per year with an average scholarship of $35,000 per year. Full tuition scholarships are extremely limited and highly competitive.
Full scholarships are not available at Ohio Wesleyan and some family contribution is required each year to cover the cost of housing and meals and a portion of tuition fees. For more specific questions, please contact the Office of International Admission at email@example.com.
- Ohio Wesleyan International Baccalaureate Scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown a strong performance in the IB curriculum. Preference will be given to full diploma students, but those with IB certificates only will also be considered. Our suggested minimum in the IB is 30 points.
- Ohio Wesleyan Cambridge A Levels Scholarship is awarded to international students who have shown a strong performance in the Cambridge A Levels curriculum. Preference will be given to students taking the full A Levels program with exams, but those with Cambridge A Levels individual courses only will also be considered. Our suggested minimum in the A Levels are marks of C and B.
- Ohio Wesleyan International Methodist Scholarship is awarded to admitted international students who either come from a Methodist background or who have attended a Methodist secondary school or college prior to coming to OWU.
- Ohio Wesleyan Bashford International Scholarship serves as a general international scholarship to admitted international students who don't qualify for our other three more specific international scholarships listed above.
- Rutherford B. Hayes Scholarship for citizens of Paraguay. Ohio Wesleyan University will award one full tuition scholarship and up to five $40,000 scholarships to five admitted Paraguayan students who meet at least a B average (3.0/5.0 Paraguay curriculum or 3.0/4.0 US curriculum). Students must also meet the minimum TOEFL requirement of 79 (6.5 for IELTS).
Merit awards are also conferred by various academic departments, including Fine Arts, Music, Theatre and Dance, Economics, and Education. These scholarships are awarded based on competitive review (portfolio, audition, interview) by respective departments. Awards vary.
International students may be eligible for need-based aid. Apply for financial aid by submitting financial aid form in your applicant portal along with your application and other required documents during the application stage. Learn More.
Application for financial aid is only reviewed at time of admission. Students cannot apply once enrolled.
OWU makes every effort to meet unmet need for accepted students as defined by evaluating the financial aid form.
On campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week. However, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per US government regulations.