The Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship at Ohio Wesleyan University offers an exceptional program for incoming first-year students interested in economics, business administration, management (marketing and finance), accounting, or international business.
The Woltemade Economics and Business Fellows Program (formerly the Economics Management Fellows Program) is intended for the best of the best. Only 15-20 students are accepted each year. Fellows are quickly introduced to all of the faculty and resources within the Economics and Business Department, as well as to alumni and professional mentors.
Entering freshman Fellows are guaranteed:
- A seat in their first semester in Principles of Economics;
- To be assigned to an academic advisor in the Economics and Business Department;
- A sophomore or junior mentor in their freshman year and a professional mentor in their senior year;
- Fellows are awarded a $250 scholarship in their second semester of the program, assuming they have earned no less than a B in their Economics classes and maintain an overall GPA of no less than a 3.0.
Fellows also enroll in a special seminar only for them, team-taught by the entire Economics and Business Department.
Additional opportunities include:
The program provides a fully paid, faculty-escorted study trip to a major U.S. city. In addition to visiting various companies, students will explore local entertainment events such as seeing a baseball game and going to the theater. During the travel experience, students will meet with distinguished alumni and professionals in business and government.
Internship and career opportunities are also presented across various fields.
Initial Criteria for selection include:
- Admittance to OWU
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.25
- A strong high school academic record that indicates potential for high achievement at OWU
- A stated interest in studying economics, business administration management, marketing, finance, accounting, or international business on their initial OWU application
- Personal interview with Economics and Business Department faculty
The application for the 2024 class of Woltemade Economics and Business Fellows Program will open soon.
For details about the Woltemade Economics and Business Fellows Program, contact The Woltemade Center at 740-368-3565.