Ohio Wesleyan is proud to welcome students from around the globe to our campus each year. International students make up about ten percent of our students and arrive here from over 60 different countries. To be among them, start your application here, following the instructions below.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our International Students Admission staff at email@example.com if you have questions. We’re happy to help.
Early Decision I - November 15
Early Action - December 1
Early Decision II - January 15
Regular Decision - March 1
- Submit the Common Application or the OWU Online Application. There is NO application fee.
- One Essay should be submitted with the Common Application or our OWU Online Application.. You can choose the topic.
- English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores are OPTIONAL for students with a strong academic profile. However, they may assist in strengthening your qualification for our higher merit scholarship awards. (SAT code 1594, ACT code 3316). You may self-report scores but we will require official ones at the enrollment stage. SAT/ACT scores are NOT required for Transfer Students.
- Academic Records can be submitted through the Common Application website by the school or by email if sent directly from the school under their official email address. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation.
- One letter of recommendation is needed from a teacher, coach, or principal who is familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website Alternatively, you may send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certification of Finances OR the International Student Financial Aid Application is required (see below).
- Interviews: although interviews are optional, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you better through a personal interview - a conversation with a counselor. You may request a skype interview with Ms Kristin Crosby, our Director of International Admission. We have also partnered with Duolingo and IntialView online interviews which both allow you to showcase your spoken and written English skills far better than a TOEFL or IELTS test.
If applicable, please include:
- External Exam Results: Official records such as O-levels, IB, IGCSE, ICSE, SPM, KCSE, and others that are administered by an educational examining board should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation and should contain an explanation of the grading system. You can send by the Common Application Website.
- Statement of activities (if you are not currently enrolled): A short paragraph describing what you have been doing since leaving school. Please send by email to email@example.com.
- Copy of Visa: A copy of your United States visa if you are already in the U.S. Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The International Student Advisor’s Report: Please send by email to email@example.com if you are currently a student at a U.S. college or university.
- Transfer Students: If you are currently or were previously enrolled in an international University and wish to have credits transferred to OWU, then we will need you to provide a report from a professional credential evaluation service of your choice (examples: www.wes.org, www.ece.org).
- Applicants from South Korea who have taken the College Scholastic Ability Test (known as the CSAT or Suneung): On a pilot basis, any student who has taken the CSAT in fall 2019 can use their score to apply to Ohio Wesleyan for admission as a full-time student in fall 2020 or Winter 2021. Check out their website for more information.
In order for the Ohio Wesleyan University admissions team to get to know our South Korean applicants better, we have partnered with InitialView. You will need to submit your CSAT scores via Uway, participate in an InitialView interview/writing sample, and pay a one-time non-refundable fee of US$50. OWU will provide an admissions decision within five business days of receiving these materials.
We hope you'll consider this option and learn how you can benefit from an undergraduate degree in the U.S. Visit InitialView's website to learn more and schedule an interview. Please note that all South Korean applicants are still able to schedule an interview directly with the Ohio Wesleyan Office of Admission by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants from Mainland China: We are also using IntialView for interviews for our Chinese applicants. Please visit their website for more information.
If you intend to request financial aid, it is recommended you show that your family can contribute at least US $20,000 per year towards your educational expenses (most students will need to contribute more than US$20,000 per year).
You will need to show at least this amount on page 5 of the ISFAA under Section F - Expected Support for Educational Expenses.
No, I am NOT requesting financial aid
If you are not requesting financial aid, you must print, fill out and email back to email@example.com the Certification of Finance Form and ensure that you have sufficient funds for the first year regardless of any possible merit scholarships. Please review Additional Costs and Fees.
Yes, I AM requesting financial aid
In order to apply for need-based financial aid, families of international students must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application Form (ISFAA) to the Office of Admission. Please print the form, fill it out, and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your application for admission will not be considered complete until the ISFAA has been received. Need-based financial aid or OWU Grant for international students is based on the information provided on this form.
- If a student is admitted without financial aid as a first-year student, he/she will not be eligible for financial assistance in subsequent years.
- We do not use the CSS Profile.
- OWU makes every effort to meet unmet need for accepted students as defined by evaluating the ISFAA.
- On campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week, however, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per U.S. Government regulations.