Ohio Wesleyan is proud to welcome students from around the globe to our campus each year. International students make up about ten percent of our students and arrive here from over 60 different countries. To be among them, start your application here, following the instructions below.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our International Students Admission staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We’re happy to help.
You can submit your application and then send in your required documents as they are available.
SPRING SEMESTER DEADLINES
Non-US Citizens - December 1 (enrollment deposit December 15)
US Citizens or Permanent Residents - January 1
Classes start January 18, 2023
FALL SEMESTER DEADLINES
Early Decision - November 15
Early Action - December 1
Regular Decision - March 1*
Enrollment Deposit - May 1
Applicants are notified of a decision after their application is complete on a rolling basis.
*NOTE: After the deadline, we will continue to consider applications for admission for the fall through July 1. Students whose applications complete after July 1 will need to submit a NEW application for our upcoming Spring/Fall sessions.
- Submit the Common Application or the Coalition for College Application, Powered by SCOIR or the OWU Online Application. There is NO application fee.
- One Essay should be submitted with the Common Application or our OWU Online Application.. You can choose the topic.
- English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores are OPTIONAL for all students. You will not be placed at a disadvantage if you are unable to submit standardized testing. If you do wish to submit your testing, we would be pleased to consider your scores (SAT code 1594, ACT code 3316). You may self-report scores but we will require official ones at the enrollment stage. SAT/ACT scores are NOT required for Transfer Students.
- Academic Records can be submitted through the Common Application website by the school or by email if sent directly from the school under their official email address. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation. We can accept emailed records from the student if the documents are stamped/certified by the school. Please send to email@example.com.
- One letter of recommendation is needed from a teacher, coach, or principal who is familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website Alternatively, you may send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of financial form online, accessed through the applicant portal, is required. Log in information will be given once the application has been submitted.
- Interviews: although interviews are not required for students, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you better through a personal interview - a conversation with a counselor. OWU offers several options for interviews:
- InitialView Interview
- Duolingo English Test with interview
- Vericant for Chinese applicants only
- Virtual Interview with an Ohio Wesleyan Representative - offered after an application has been submitted.
If applicable, please include:
- External Exam Results: Official records such as O-levels, IB, IGCSE, ICSE, SPM, KCSE, and others that are administered by an educational examining board should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation and should contain an explanation of the grading system. The document will need to come directly from the school, or you can send if it is stamped/certified by your school. Please send by email to email@example.com.
- Statement of activities (if you are not currently enrolled): A short paragraph describing what you have been doing since leaving school. Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of Visa: A copy of your United States visa if you are already in the U.S. Please send by email to email@example.com.
- The International Student Advisor’s Report: Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are currently a student at a U.S. college or university.
- Transfer Students: If you are currently or were previously enrolled in an international University and wish to have credits transferred to OWU, then we will need you to provide a report from a professional credential evaluation service of your choice (examples: www.wes.org, www.ece.org).
- Applicants from South Korea who have taken the College Scholastic Ability Test (known as the CSAT or Suneung): On a pilot basis, any student who has taken the CSAT in fall 2020 can use their score to apply to Ohio Wesleyan for admission as a full-time student in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022. Check out their website for more information.
In order for the Ohio Wesleyan University admissions team to get to know our South Korean applicants better, we have partnered with InitialView. You will need to submit your CSAT scores via Uway, participate in an InitialView interview/writing sample, and pay a one-time non-refundable fee of US$50. OWU will provide an admissions decision within five business days of receiving these materials.
We hope you'll consider this option and learn how you can benefit from an undergraduate degree in the U.S. Visit InitialView's website to learn more and schedule an interview. Please note that all South Korean applicants are still able to schedule an interview directly with the Ohio Wesleyan Office of Admission by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Applicants from Mainland China: We are also using Vericant for interviews for our Chinese applicants. Please visit their website for more information.
- Your application for admission will not be considered complete until the online financial form has been submitted. Need-based financial aid or OWU Grant for international students is based on the information provided on this form.
- If a student is admitted without financial aid as a first-year student, he/she will not be eligible for financial assistance in subsequent years.
- On campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week, however, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per U.S. Government regulations.
Title IX Rules & Regulations
Ohio Wesleyan University does not discriminate against any person in employment or educational opportunities because of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information.
Any person concerned about discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation or has questions about the application of Title IX at Ohio Wesleyan University should contact the University’s Title IX Coordinator or Deputies.
|Title IX Coordinator
|Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Jess Ettell Irvine
|Deputy Title IX Coordinator
The Student Engagement and Success Office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding other discrimination concerns or complaints. Please contact the Student Engagement and Success Office if you have questions or concerns:
Student Engagement and Success
HWCC Room 209
See the Title IX, Sexual Misconduct, and the Cleary Act page for more information.