Ohio Wesleyan is proud to welcome students from around the globe to our campus each year. International students make up about ten percent of our students and arrive here from over 60 different countries. To be among them, start your application here, following the instructions below.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our International Students Admission staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We’re happy to help.
Early Decision I - November 15
Early Action - December 1
Early Decision II - January 15
Regular Decision - March 1
- Submit the Common Application or the OWU Online Application. There is NO application fee.
- One Essay should be submitted with the Common Application or our OWU Online Application.. You can choose the topic.
- English Language Proficiency: We require all international students verify their English proficiency. Please see the various English Proficiency options. The University reserves the right to require additional English language instruction, if needed, upon arrival.
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores are OPTIONAL for students with a strong academic profile. However, they may assist in strengthening your qualification for our higher merit scholarship awards. (SAT code 1594, ACT code 3316)
- Academic Records can be submitted through the Common Application website by the school or by email if sent directly from the school under their official email address. The official records should include each subject you study and the academic grade/mark or other evidence that you completed the course satisfactorily. Your record should contain an explanation of the grading system. They should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation.
- One letter of recommendation is needed from a teacher, coach, or principal who is familiar with your recent academic performance. Submit via the Common Application website Alternatively, you may send by email to email@example.com.
If applicable, please include:
- External Exam Results: Official records such as O-levels, IB, IGCSE, ICSE, SPM, KCSE, and others that are administered by an educational examining board should be submitted in English or in the original language accompanied by a certified literal translation and should contain an explanation of the grading system. You can send by the Common Application Website.
- Statement of activities (if you are not currently enrolled): A short paragraph describing what you have been doing since leaving school. Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of Visa: A copy of your United States visa if you are already in the U.S. Please send by email to email@example.com.
- The International Student Advisor’s Report: Please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are currently a student at a U.S. college or university.
- Transfer Students: If you are currently or were previously enrolled in an international University and wish to have credits transferred to OWU, then we will need you to provide a report from a professional credential evaluation service of your choice (examples: www.wes.org, www.ece.org).
- Applicants from Mainland China: In order for the Ohio Wesleyan University admissions team to get to know our Chinese applicants better, we have partnered with Vericant. Vericant will conduct video interviews and short writing samples with our applicants in Mainland China. Vericant does not evaluate candidates but, instead, posts the interviews online for our admissions team to review.
Although the Vericant interview is not mandatory, we highly recommend you sit the Vericant interview, as it will give you an excellent opportunity to showcase your personality, skills and professionalism to our admissions team plus potentially meet the TOEFL requirement and help you qualify for additional scholarship. The Vericant interview will form part of your application package if you opt to sit the interview.
To learn more about Vericant and to schedule an interview, please visit Vericant's Website.
Reminder, all Mainland Chinese applicants are still able to schedule an interview directly with the Ohio Wesleyan Office of Admission. Just contact email@example.com.
If you intend to request financial aid, it is recommended you show that your family can contribute at least US $20,000 per year towards your educational expenses (most students will need to contribute more than US$20,000 per year).
You will need to show at least this amount on page 5 of the ISFAA under Section F - Expected Support for Educational Expenses.
No, I am NOT requesting financial aid
If you are not requesting financial aid, you must print, fill out and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org the Certification of Finance Form and ensure that you have sufficient funds for the first year regardless of any possible merit scholarships. Please review Additional Costs and Fees.
Yes, I AM requesting financial aid
In order to apply for need-based financial aid, families of international students must submit the International Student Financial Aid Application Form (ISFAA) to the Office of Admission. Please print the form, fill it out, and email back to email@example.com.
- Your application for admission will not be considered complete until the ISFAA has been received. Need-based financial aid or OWU Grant for international students is based on the information provided on this form.
- If a student is admitted without financial aid as a first-year student, he/she will not be eligible for financial assistance in subsequent years.
- We do not use the CSS Profile.
- OWU makes every effort to meet unmet need for accepted students as defined by evaluating the ISFAA.
- On campus student employment is possible up to 10 hours per week, however, jobs are not guaranteed. International students are not allowed to work off campus, per U.S. Government regulations.