‘Best and Most Interesting’
Ohio Wesleyan Featured in ‘Fiske Guide to Colleges 2023’
DELAWARE, Ohio –Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the “best and most interesting” colleges in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Ireland, according to the newly published “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2023.”
In addition, the news guidebook states that Ohio Wesleyan provides its students:
- “A solid liberal arts education focused not on bells and whistles, but on practical, career-related experience.”
- “Strong preparation for graduate and professional school.”
- “A variety of research, travel, and internship programs, notably New York Arts and Wesleyan in Washington” semester-long internship programs.
- “Expanded campus housing in recent years as part of efforts to enhance the residential experience.”
- An honors program that “offers qualified students one-on-one tutorials and a chance to conduct research with faculty members in areas of mutual interest.”
- “A North Coast Athletic Conference powerhouse” for students who become Battling Bishop varsity athletes.
Released July 19, the Fiske Guide seeks to give high schoolers “an insider’s look at what it’s really like to be a student” at more than 320 featured colleges and universities.
In evaluating schools, Fiske editors use sources including questionnaires and interviews with students asking them about academics, campus setting, financial aid, social life, and more. Now in its 39th year, the book was created by former New York Times education editor Edward B. Fiske.
For information about enrolling at Ohio Wesleyan, visit owu.edu/admission.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and competes in 24 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through its signature program, the OWU Connection, Ohio Wesleyan teaches students to integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included on the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “Best Colleges” lists. Connect with OWU expert interview sources at owu.edu/experts or learn more at owu.edu.