Grow Your Mind
Registration Begins Feb. 7 for Adults 55 and Older for Ohio Wesleyan’s Lifelong Learning Institute
DELAWARE, Ohio – Knowledge will bloom this spring with a bounty of classes being offered by the Lifelong Learning Institute (LLI) at Ohio Wesleyan University.
For a $75 registration fee, individuals 55 and older are able to sign up for as many courses as they wish during the spring session, which begins the week of March 14.
The multi-week classes are taught by volunteers, including Ohio Wesleyan professors and other experts in a non-competitive environment. All classes will be held in-person unless otherwise noted. Scheduled spring classes are:
- A Deep Dive into DNA Tools
- History through the Decades
- The Religions of the World and the World of Religion
- The Supreme Court’s Greatest Hits
- Film Noir
- LLI Potpourri, featuring single-topic sessions exploring:
- The Illogical Logic of Public Policymaking
- Beyond Clara Barton: Other Civil War Nurses
- “Axis Sally”: Ohio Wesleyan’s Most Notorious and Least Understood Alum
- Artificial Intelligence: The Future is Now
- Seniors Against Scams
- Project Management: For Projects We Do Everyday
- A Nickel Tour of the Universe: New! Improved! No Extra Charge!
- Reading for Success: More Books This Doctor Thinks Should be in Your Library (via Zoom)
- Health in Action: Diabetes Self-Management (via Zoom)
Online, mail, and telephone registration for the spring session opens Feb. 7 and runs through March 7. Thanks to support from SourcePoint, the LLI is able to offer a limited number of $50 scholarships this spring. Scholarship applications are due Feb. 28.
For additional class descriptions (including dates, times, and instructors), scholarship applications, and online registration, visit owu.edu/LLI. Confirmation of course registration will be sent to each paid registrant.
Launched in 2019, the Lifelong Learning Institute at Ohio Wesleyan University is committed to helping those 55 and older to “discover ideas, acquire knowledge, and fuel your curiosity” with fall and springs sessions each year. For questions, contact the Lifelong Learning Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 368-3078.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and competes in 24 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through its signature program, The OWU Connection, Ohio Wesleyan teaches students to integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included on the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “Best Colleges” lists. Connect with OWU expert interview sources at owu.edu/experts or learn more at owu.edu.