Homecoming Week 2022
Mark Your Calendars for These Bishop Events!
The celebrating, reminiscing, and reconnecting begins before Ohio Wesleyan’s 2022 Homecoming and Family Weekend on Oct. 7-8. Mark your calendars for all of these can’t-miss events.
Monday, Oct. 3
- i³ Lectures, noon – Ten professors selected by students present three-minute i³ lectures filled with ideas, insight, and imagination, in Gray Chapel inside University Hall. Boxed lunches will be available for students following the event. Meet this year’s presenters.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
- Entrepreneurship Lecture, 7:30 p.m. – Serial entrepreneur and inventor Dawn Dickson, founder and CEO of PopCom, discusses “Entrepreneurship: Are YOU Built to Scale?” when she presents Ohio Wesleyan’s 2022-2023 Robert L. Milligan Leaders in Business Lecture. Dickson will speak in the Benes Rooms inside Hamilton-Williams Campus Center.
Thursday, Oct. 6
- OWU Connection Conference, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. – The Fall 2022 OWU Connection Conference features a day of student presentations and other programs highlighting Ohio Wesleyan’s signature student experience, the OWU Connection. The student presentations will be tied to all four segments of the OWU Connection – research and independent scholarship, service, career development, and study away. Held in locations throughout campus, this first-of-its-kind conference will include the annual Patricia Belt Conrades Summer Science Research Symposium, a Fine Arts showcase, and more. As events are finalized, they will be added to the conference webpage at owu.edu/ConnectionConference.
- Black Wall Street Event, noon to 2 p.m. – Ohio Wesleyan hosts its first Black Wall Street event, in the Atrium of Hamilton-Williams Campus Center. Come learn, network, and shop from local BIPOC-owned businesses and BIPOC student-entrepreneurs who will promote their businesses during the Fall 2022 Connection Conference. This event is in partnership with The Woltemade Center for Economics, Business and Entrepreneurship; Office of Multicultural Student Affairs, Delaware Entrepreneurial Center at OWU; and OWU Connection.
Friday, Oct. 7
- Slocum Hall Rededication, 4 p.m. – Historic Slocum Hall reopens following a 14-month, $11.25-million-donor-funded restoration. The new home of the OWU Connection, Slocum Hall is highlighted by a 70-foot-by-20-foot leaded glass ceiling. Learn more about the building at owu.edu/slocumhall.
Saturday, Oct. 8
- OWU Field Hockey, 11 a.m. – OWU vs. Denison, at Selby Stadium.
- Parade of Bishops, noon-12:15 p.m. – Show your Ohio Wesleyan pride and join the walking parade from the JAYwalk fountain to Selby Stadium, led by the football team, OWU Marching Bishops, and the Battling Bishop himself.
- Battling Bishop Tailgate, noon-2 p.m. Enjoy lunch as you get fired up for the OWU vs. Denison football game. Food trucks will have items for purchase outside Selby Stadium.
- OWU Football, 2 p.m. – OWU vs. Denison, at Selby Stadium. Halftime recognition includes Hall of Fame inductees and recipients of Team of Distinction Awards.