Lifelong Learning Institute
Registration Begins Aug. 26, Classes Oct. 3 for Fall Session of Ohio Wesleyan’s Adult Education Program
DELAWARE, Ohio – The Lifelong Learning Institute (LLI) at Ohio Wesleyan University is offering 10 classes this fall, with topics ranging from movies and music to the history of Watergate and the people, places, and things that have shaped Delaware County.
For a $75 registration fee, individuals 55 and older are able to sign up for as many courses as they wish during the upcoming session, which runs from Oct. 3 through Nov. 11, 2022.
The six-week classes are taught by volunteers, including current and retired Ohio Wesleyan professors and other experts in a non-competitive environment. All classes will be held in person unless otherwise noted. Scheduled fall classes are:
- Movies About Making Movies and The History of the American Studio System
- Wellness: Engage at Any Age
- Ukraine in Crisis
- Appreciating Music: Diamonds in the Rough – Artistry from Folk to Film
- LLI Potpourri, featuring single-topic sessions exploring:
- Why Not to Read Shakespeare, Especially Not King Lear
- Watergate: Fifty Years Later
- Improvements in Weather Forecasting
- Free and Fair Elections: A Look Ahead
- A Lost Story of the Civil War: W.G. Raymond, The Opium-addicted Pistol Toting Preacher Who Raised the First Federal African American Union Troops
- The First Stars: Dawn at the End of the Cosmic Dark Ages
- American Women Writers
- Raise Your Spirits
- Discover the Dinosaurs
- Global Flavors, Trends, and Ingredients That Are Changing the Culinary Landscape
- Putting Delaware County on the Map – People, Places, and Things That Have Shaped Our Community
Online, mail, and telephone registration for fall session opens Aug. 26 and runs through Sept. 26. Thanks to a grant from SourcePoint, the LLI is able to offer a limited number of $50 scholarships for the fall session. Scholarship applications are due before Sept. 19.
For additional class descriptions (including dates, times, and instructors), scholarship applications, and online registration, visit owu.edu/LLI. Confirmation of course registration will be sent to each paid registrant.
Launched in 2019, the Lifelong Learning Institute at Ohio Wesleyan University is committed to helping people “discover ideas, acquire knowledge, and fuel your curiosity” with fall and spring sessions each year. For questions, contact the Lifelong Learning Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 368-3078.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and competes in 24 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through its signature program, The OWU Connection, Ohio Wesleyan teaches students to integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included on the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “Best Colleges” lists. Connect with OWU expert interview sources at owu.edu/experts or learn more at owu.edu.