Mortar Board 2022-2023
OWU Students Tapped for National Honor Society in Recognition of Their Scholarship, Leadership, Service
DELAWARE, Ohio – Ohio Wesleyan University tapped 16 students for 2022-2023 membership in the Mortar Board national honor society. Mortar Board recognizes students for “exemplary scholarship, leadership, and service.”
The honor society, founded in 1918, also “provides opportunities for continued leadership development, promotes service to colleges and universities, and encourages lifelong contributions to the global community.”
Ohio Wesleyan’s newest Mortar Board members are:
- Olivia Anderson of Toledo, Ohio
- Cienna Baka of Columbus, Ohio. Baka will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 tapping chair.
- Eva Birk-Petri of Columbus, Ohio. Birk-Petri will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 secretary/treasurer.
- Makayla Burzynski of Columbus, Ohio
- Lynette Camerlin of Lakewood, Camerlin will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 membership chair.
- Morgan Chmielenski of Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
- Skylar Crawford of South Lyon, Michigan
- Mayukha Dyta of Powell, Ohio. Dyta will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 president.
- Grace Egan of Ridgefield, Connecticut
- Jenna Grammer of West Chester, Ohio
- Megan Hatfield of Hamilton, Ohio. Hatfield will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 social chair.
- Grace Mahoney of Hillsborough, California. Mahoney will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 vice president.
- Melissa Murray of Chardon, Ohio
- Eliza Richardson of Lakewood, Ohio. Richardson will serve as the group’s 2022-2023 alumni/historian chair.
- Steph Rowland of Dayton, Ohio
- Helena von Sadovszky of Dublin, Ohio
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more than 70 undergraduate majors and competes in 24 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through its signature program, the OWU Connection, Ohio Wesleyan teaches students to integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included on the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “Best Colleges” lists. Connect with OWU expert interview sources at owu.edu/experts or learn more at owu.edu.