News of Note
Ohio Wesleyan Announces Upcoming Virtual Music Performances
DELAWARE, Ohio – Ohio Wesleyan University’s Department of Music will be posting performances online throughout fall semester, including both live-streamed and pre-recorded concerts.
Videos of all performances will be released on the Stream OWU Performing Arts Archive page at owu.edu/stream. Planned performances include:
- Available now – Student recital featuring junior Kathryn Lawson on oboe and senior Hannah Treadway on clarinet, with instructor Youmee Kim on piano.
- Week of Oct. 12 – Senior recital featuring Austin Wood, tenor (pre-recorded).
- Week of Oct. 19 – Senior recital featuring Jasmine Spitzer, soprano (pre-recorded).
- Week of Oct. 26 – Symphonic Wind Ensemble featuring professor Richard Edwards, conductor (pre-recorded).
- Week of Nov. 2 – Jazz Band (pre-recorded).
- Week of Nov. 9 – Opera Scenes (pre-recorded). Titled "Masquerade," the virtual performance will feature musical theatre scenes from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera," Wildhorn and Bricusse's "Jekyll and Hyde," and Stephen Sondheim's "Into the Woods."
- Week of Nov. 9 – Senior recital featuring Noah Green, composer. (Green recently earned honorable mention recognition for his work in the 2020 National Association for Music Education (NAfME) Student Composers Competition (pre-recorded).
- 8 p.m. Nov. 10 – Chamber Orchestra featuring instructor Antoine Clark, conductor (live-streamed).
- Week of Nov. 16 – Choral Art Society and Chamber Choir featuring professor Jason Hiester, conductor (pre-recorded).
- 3 p.m. Nov. 22 – Senior recital featuring Luis Gonzales on double bass (live-streamed).
- Date to be announced – Senior project featuring Hannah Treadway combining her interests in Modern Foreign Languages and Music to create “Medieval Ballads in Miniature” (pre-recorded).
- Date to be announced – Composition recital featuring new works by students of instructor EunSeok Park (pre-recorded).
For the most up-to-date information, visit the Music Department’s Concert Calendar at owu.edu/concertcalendar. The department offers an education with the rigor of a professional music degree program, with numerous performing and learning opportunities for both majors and non-majors alike. Learn more at owu.edu/music.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers more undergraduate majors than many universities its size and competes in 24 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Through its signature program, The OWU Connection, Ohio Wesleyan teaches students to integrate knowledge across disciplines, build a diverse and global perspective, and apply knowledge in real-world settings. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives” and included on the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “best colleges” lists. Learn more at owu.edu.