INTERESTED IN STARTING A NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
Listed below are all the forms and information necessary for proposing a new recognized student organization. Included at the bottom of the page is a timeline explaining the overall process, sample documents, and a resource list.
These documents help the committee make an informed decision about the proposed organization. Please be sure accurately complete and upload all the following materials on your proposal:
- Complete New Student Organization Proposal Form
- This form opens January 17, 2024 on Engage
- Constitution & Bylaws
- Campus Advisor Agreement Form
- Each student organization must have an active OWU faculty or staff advisor; new advisors must complete the Advisor Agreement Form prior to our review of proposals
- Membership List
- Each new student organization must have 10 current, OWU students to start an organization submitted with your proposal form
Spring 2024 Timeline
- Wednesday, January 17: New RSO form opens on Engage
- Friday, February 2: Deadline to submit new RSO form
- Week of February 5: Committee reviews applications
- Applicants are contacted about progress and informed of any updates, corrections, or need for clarification. Students are asked to resubmit the application for the final recommendation.
- Week of February 19: Committee meets to do a final review and makes its final determinations.
- Students will be informed if the organization if it has been approved or denied.
If you have any questions, contact the Student Involvement Office at email@example.com.