INTERESTED IN STARTING A NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION?
Listed below are all the forms and information necessary for proposing a new recognized student organization. Included at the bottom of the page is a timeline explaining the overall process, sample documents, and a resource list.
These documents help the committee make an informed decision about the proposed organization. Please be sure accurately complete and upload all the following materials on your proposal:
- Complete New Student Organization Proposal Form
- Constitution & Bylaws
- Campus Advisor Agreement Form
- Membership List - submit on proposal form - Opens January 18, 2023
- Each new student organization must have 10 current, OWU students to start an organization
Spring 2023 Registration Timeline
- Wednesday, January 18: New RSO form opens on Engage
- Friday, February 10: Deadline to submit new RSO form
- Week of February 13: Committee reviews applications
- Week of February 20: Applicants are contacted about progress and informed of any updates, corrections, or need for clarification. Students are asked to resubmit the application for the final recommendation.
- Week of February 27: Committee meets to do a final review and inform the organization if it has been approved or not recommended.
If you have any questions, contact the Student Involvement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.