Registrar's Office FAQ

How do I order a transcript?

Transcripts may be requested or ordered by contacting the Office of the Registrar. Students presently enrolled may view their unofficial transcript on OWU Self-Service at any time, but once students have left the campus (withdrawn or graduated), only official transcripts will be issued. Get more information on transcript requests.

May I transfer courses to Ohio Wesleyan from other colleges?

Credit may be transferred to OWU from other accredited colleges and universities in the United States. The courses taken need to be of a liberal-arts nature, and the student’s performance must be satisfactory, C- or better. Only the credit transfers as a proportion of an Ohio Wesleyan unit. Once the course is completed, the student should request an official transcript be sent from the other school to the OWU Registrar. The Office of the Registrar has forms which may be used to apply for transfer credit approval.

Where do I get my voter registration application?

Visit the United States Election Assistance Commission Web site’s Register to Vote page to download the latest PDF version of the voter registration form.

Where do I find important dates and deadlines for the semester?

Each year, important dates for each semester are listed on the inside back cover of the Catalog or on the Academic Calendar page.

How do I apply for re-admission after being away from OWU for a time?

Contact the Office of the Registrar at least two months prior to the start of the term in which you would like to return, and that office will send you an application form. You will need to complete the application, have official transcripts sent if you have attended another college or university, include a reference letter from your employer or volunteer work if applicable, and have all accounts with the college cleared before the reinstatement can be approved.

How do I order a replacement diploma?

The Office of the Registrar will order replacement diplomas at a charge of $35 each. Individuals should make their request in writing and send the appropriate fee. Such requests usually take four to six weeks for completion.

How do I calculate my grade-point average?

Multiply the credit for a course times the value of the grade earned in that course to determine the quality points earned. Then divide the total number of quality points by the total number of quality units to determine the grade point average. An example follows:

CHEM 110 1.25 A 5.00
ENG 105 1.00 B 3.00
PG 110 1.00 C 2.00
REL 151 1.00 D 1.00
PE 0832 0.25 A 1.00
TOTAL 4.50   12.00

12.00 quality points divided by 4.50 quality units yields a 2.67 grade point average. Students may also use the GPA Calculator to ascertain their GPA.

How do I add, remove, or change a major or minor?

Students can request changes to their majors or minors by going to this web page and following the instructions. Requests to add or change a major or minor must be approved by the department or program in charge of that major or minor. They will be notified when you submit your request via the web form.