Married Independent Students

Married independent students may not receive total grants (all sources) above the cost of tuition and books. Financial eligibility exceeding this amount may be met with self­-help funds.

Independent Students Living with Parents

If a student meets the independent definition but is still living at home, a contribution from the parent will be assessed and the institution’s commuter budget will be applied.

Students with a Bachelor’s Degree

Students applying for financial assistance who hold a Bachelor’s degree from another college or university are eligible to receive institutional grant and federal funds in accordance with aggregate funding limitations and standard packaging procedures. Please note that students who hold a Bachelor’s degree are not eligible for the federal Pell Grant, federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), or State of Ohio grants such as the Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG).

Less Than Full­-Time Students

Although less than full-­time students may be eligible for federal financial assistance, Ohio Wesleyan funds are not available to students attending less than full-­time.

Increased Eligibility

Students who demonstrate increased eligibility due to professional judgment will have the increase funded with available financial aid assistance, which can include student loans.

Decreased Eligibility

Students who demonstrate a decrease in eligibility due to a change on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which would increase the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) will have adjustments to their financial aid package.

Financial need is based on the student's overall cost of attendance (which includes Tuition, Fees, Room, Board, Books, Supplies, Transportation, and Miscellaneous costs) less the EFC. If a student is living off-campus they will not be charged room and board. This reduces the overall cost of attendance which will cause an adjustment to need-based aid for the semester(s) they are not living on campus.