Even with the disappointment of a season unfinished due to COVID-19, OWU’s student-athletes still need your support. Your gifts enable the Battling Bishops to respond to immediate needs in this unpredictable environment, including virtual athlete recruitment, facility upkeep, and preparation for a return to the OWU tradition of excellence in the 2020-21 season. We look forward to seeing you in the stands when competition resumes!
Since 2004, Team OWU has supported Ohio Wesleyan student-athletes and coaches thanks to the loyal support of our generous alumni, parents, and friends.
Team OWU is the fundraising arm of OWU Athletics. It is made up of alumni, parents, and friends of OWU Athletics that are committed to providing the funds necessary to compete for championships.
The funds raised provide equipment upgrades, travel expenses, expanded recruiting efforts and most importantly consistent financial stability to OWU Athletics. Through the generosity of over 1,100 supporters in fiscal year 2018, Team OWU provided resources for expenses associated with our 24 varsity athletic programs.
- 2016 National Association of Basketball Coaches third-team All-America
- 2016 D3hoops.com second-team All-America
- 2016 D3hoops.com Great Lakes Region Player of the Year
- 2016 North Coast Athletic Conference Player of the Year
- 2015 American Volleyball Coaches Association honorable mention All-America
- 2015 AVCA first-team All-Great Lakes Region
- 2015 first-team All-North Coast Athletic Conference
Iris Anderson ’18
- 2016 United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association honorable mention All-America
- 2016 Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association first-team All-West Region
- 2016 first-team All-North Coast Athletic Conference
Luke Leyden ’18
Women’s Cross Country, Track & Field
- All-American in cross country, indoor track & field, and outdoor track & field in 2015-16
- 3-time USTFCCCA All-Academic Track & Field selection
- 2015 Ohio Women’s Division III Runner of the Year in cross country
Swimming and Diving
- 500 freestyle women’s school record holder
- 1000 freestyle women’s school record holder
- 1650 freestyle women’s school record holder
- Part of women’s school-record-setting 800 freestyle relay team
- Part of men’s school-record-setting 200 freestyle relay team
- Part of men’s school-record-setting 400 freestyle relay team
Anne Edwards ’17 and Greyson Goodwin ’17
- 2016 starting cornerback
- 2015 ranked eighth in North Coast Athletic Conference in interception return yards
- 2015 tied for sixth in North Coast Athletic Conference in kick returns