Why Should You Consider Applying?
President’s Club has been a source of Ohio Wesleyan pride for over 30 years. Members of the President’s Club serve the University and President Rock Jones at important functions, help welcome university guests, and host the annual President’s Ball. The benefits include leadership development opportunities, occasions to network, and membership is seen as a great honor by the OWU community.
The President's Club is a prestigious organization of students who engage with university professionals and have the opportunity to regularly work with the President in support of university activities. The members hail from a collection of diverse personal and academic backgrounds. The organization values a strong sense of morality, a well rounded outlook, and strives to provide engaging leadership opportunities for students with leadership potential.
Qualifications for President’s Club Membership
- Academics – high academic achievement including a recommended GPA of 3.0; distinguished and notable classroom performance
- Involvement – immersed in the life of the University; active participation in numerous facets of Ohio Wesleyan University
- Leadership – a notable record of serving at the highest level on campus and in the community
- Service – good stewardship; embraces service as a way of life
- Character/Integrity – serves as a role model and personifies liberal arts ideals
Responsibilities of President’s Club Members
- To serve the University at various functions sponsored by the President’s Office.
- To be involved in activities that support and advance the mission of the University.
- To serve at the discretion of the President.
- Maintain high academic standards and level of involvement necessary for selection.
- Meet the requirements for a member in good standing.
Note: All fields are required unless otherwise noted.