NPHC CITY-WIDE CHAPTER POLICIES
Capital University, Otterbein University, and Ohio Wesleyan University
An NPHC City-Wide fraternity or sorority is defined as a collegiate chapter consisting of two or more colleges and / or universities where membership can be generated. Each NPHC City-Wide Chapter operates under one constitution / bylaws, one set of elected officers, one initiation, and is chartered and recognized by the organization’s national headquarters. Capital University, Otterbein University, and Ohio Wesleyan University recognize NPHC City-Wide Chapter status of fraternities and sororities that are unable to charter a chapter exclusive to a specific campus. Members of these chapters may be enrolled at any of the above-named institutions or other participating institutions per charter.
To be allowed to use college / university facilities, recruit members, advertise events, and approach the Interfraternity, Panhellenic, or Greek Council for associate membership status, NPHC City-Wide Chapters must adhere to the following policies, which have been established to ensure the success of the NPHC City-Wide chapters on each respective campus.
- Maintain current files at each institution with the University Greek Advisor. All items listed below must be submitted by September 30. (If the chapter wants to do programming prior to September 30, they must submit the information below at least two weeks prior to their planned event.) All items must be updated immediately and submitted to the Greek Life Office when a change occurs during the year.
- Copy of chapter charter
- A grade check release form for each member
- A signed anti-hazing statement from each member and potential member
- List of affiliate institutions
- Brief history of the national and local chapter
- Complete roster information
- Advisor addresses and phone numbers
- A national and chapter constitution
- A roster of officers, inclusive of chapter representative and NPHC representative
- Local, national, regional, and international officers
- A copy of the chapters membership intake and education programs
- Proof of Risk Management Certification (for chapter advisor)
- Any information requested by the respective institution as it relates to active status.
NOTE: University / college policies, including those which prohibit those not enrolled at the institution from participating in certain college / university activities, shall take precedence over these guidelines.
NPHC City-Wide Chapter Policies, Updated May 2008