- The minimum GPA required to apply for a position is 2.50.
- Applicants must be available for an interview during the spring application period
- A student may not be employed in the same or similar position more than once.
- The program is open to all students regardless of financial need.
Financial Aid and Employment
- Updated for 2020-2021: Positions are for the full academic year. StAP positions are for a maximum of six hours per week at $9.00 per hour for 15 weeks per academic semester. Payment is made on a bi-weekly basis.
Interested students should read through the descriptions and choose up to three of the positions. After eligible applicants have been interviewed by their potential supervisors, appointments will be made based on interests, qualifications, and fund availability. Successful applicants will be notified by the last week of the semester.
In fairness to all, late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for more than one position?
Yes, you can apply for up to three positions, if you so desire.
Do I fill out a separate application for each position that I am applying for?
No. There is space to list the different positions in the order of your preference. You will, however, need to submit a separate statement for each position. This is all done online.
What is the GPA requirement?
The minimum GPA is 2.50 to apply to
When and how will I be notified if I have received a StAP appointment?
Successful applicants will receive an e-mail no later than the last week of the spring semester.
Why does this process take so long?
The combination of many great opportunities, the number of students who are interested in positions, students being able to apply for multiple positions, and limited funding, offers many challenges and takes time to sort out. We think you will find it is worth the wait!
2020 StAP APPLICATION TIMELINE
- Wednesday, February 12th: Call to supervisors to post position descriptions
- Sunday, March 8th @ 11:59pm: Deadline for supervisors to submit position descriptions
- Due to time constraints, this date and time cannot be extended
- Friday, March 20th: Notice to supervisors of accepted positions
- Friday, March 20th: Student applications begin
- Information about applicants will be made available to supervisors on a rolling basis
- Interviews can begin
- Wednesday, April 8th @ 11:59pm: Deadline for students to apply for a position
- Friday, April 17th @ 11:59pm: Deadline for interview feedback and candidate rankings
- Deadline for students to submit position rankings
- Wednesday, April 22nd: StAP application notices are expected to be sent out
- Students notified if accepted
- Friday, April 24th: Students must accept or decline position offers