The Ohio Wesleyan University Athletic Training staff will strive to provide comprehensive medical care to Ohio Wesleyan University student-athletes. In that regard, we strive to:
- Respect the dignity of each individual student-athlete
- Provide accessible, professional, and timely health care
- Take a multi-disciplinary approach in caring for student-athletes
- Attend to both the physical and mental well-being of student-athletes
- Maintain open communication with all involved in the care of the student-athlete
- Respect the student-athlete’s right to privacy during treatment
The Ohio Wesleyan University Athletic Training staff will do this by maintaining current knowledge of prevention, evaluation, and rehabilitation of athletic related injuries via regular participation in continuing education programs and attendance at professional conferences.
This approach will serve to help student-athletes in athletics, as well as provide life skills they will be able to utilize long after graduation from Ohio Wesleyan University. To maximize chances for success in this regard, many resources, both on and off campus, will be utilized. The Ohio Wesleyan University Athletic Training staff will work to build and maintain strong relationships with these resources, which include but are not limited to:
- Ohio Wesleyan University Student Wellness Center
- Ohio Wesleyan University Student Counseling Center
- Team Physicians from Max Sports Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology and Emergency Care – Grady Memorial Hospital
- Auxiliary Medical Services provided by OhioHealth
- Any other professional specialist in related fields
By focusing on overall student-athlete welfare, the Ohio Wesleyan Athletic Training Staff will adhere to the mission of the Department of Athletics at Ohio Wesleyan University and meet our goal of providing the highest quality of care and services to Ohio Wesleyan University Student-Athletes.