We’re committed to community service and service learning, both locally and throughout the world.
If you’ve ever worked at a local soup kitchen, helped build a house with Habitat for Humanity, or volunteered to teach children to read, then you’ll fit right in at Ohio Wesleyan.
Service learning gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop a broader worldview
- Foster relationships in many communities
- Examine your personal values
- Discover your life’s calling
At Ohio Wesleyan, your service is encouraged, creativity nurtured, and hard work applauded.
Here are just a few of our service learning opportunities:
- The Columbus Initiative
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- H.A.L.O. (Hispanic and Latino Outreach)
- Common Ground Free Store
- LSS Food Pantry
- People In Need (PIN)
- Preservation Parks
- Habitat for Humanity
- HelpLine of Delaware and Morrow Counties
- The Delaware Public Health District
- Delaware County Juvenile Court
- The Humane Society of Delaware County
There are scores of opportunities to serve with partner agencies, nonprofit organizations, student initiatives, and campus projects. Most enable you to make a real difference in people's lives while gaining hands-on experience. How do you get started? The service learning staff is ready to help you discern the “fit” that’s right for you. The first step is to visit our office on the fourth floor of Hamilton-Williams Campus Center. The second step is to roll up your sleeves.