Named for Bishop Edward Thomson, the first President of Ohio Wesleyan, Thomson Hall houses 106 men and women. The hall is single-gender by floor (men occupy the first floor while women live on the second and third floors). The building is staffed by one professional Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) and six student Resident Assistants (RAs). Thomson Hall is a first year student community.
Most students live in two-person rooms, although there are a few 3-person rooms. A standard two-person room is approximately 10’ x 13’ x 8’. It contains two XL twin beds (39” x 80”), two desks with built in lighting, two desk chairs, one dresser with mirror, and two closets. The dresser consists of seven drawers: two are shallow, one is split, and four are deep. Each closet measures 2 ½ ’ x 1’ 9” and contains two shelves and two towel bars. Except for the beds and desk chairs, all furniture is built-in. There are two computer/Internet connections, as well as a cable television connection in the room. Cable television service is provided at no additional cost.
Thomson Hall has community bathrooms shared by all the residents on the floor. Each bathroom has ten sinks, five showers, four to five toilet stalls, and on the male floor, three urinals.
- Academic – There are study tables available in the lounge area of each floor.
- Recreational – A television and couches are located in first floor lounge.
- Kitchen Facilities – The first floor kitchen contains an electric range, refrigerator, sink, toaster, microwave, and cupboards.
- Laundry Facilities – Four washers and four dryers are available (at no extra cost to students) on the ground floor.
- Dining - The Thomson Corner Store, on the ground floor, features a wide variety of “convenience” items as well as snack foods, beverages, and frozen foods. Students may use their food points to make purchases. Vending machines are available on the first floor.
- Miscellaneous – Trash rooms are located on each floor. A freight elevator is available on a limited basis for moving large items. A vacuum cleaner, games, and other supplies/resources are available for check out to both Bashford and Thomson residents at the front desk in Welch Hall.