Professor of History
- B.A., Beijing Second Institute of Foreign Languages
- M.A., Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University
Xiaoming Chen teaches courses on the history of Asian countries and regions, including China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
His book, From the May Fourth Movement to Communist Revolution: Guo Moruo and the Chinese Path to Communism, was published by State University of New York (SUNY) Press and has been in print in paperback since 2008.
Chen also has published articles on the May Fourth period (1915–1925) in modern Chinese history.
Areas of Interest/Expertise
- Chinese intellectual history
- History of Asian countries and regions
Publications / Presentations
- From the May Fourth Movement to Communist Revolution: Guo Moruo and the Chinese Path to Communism