- The minimum GPA required to apply for a position is 2.50.
- Applicants must be available for an interview during the spring application period
- A student may not be employed in the same or similar position more than once.
- There is a limit of two StAP appointments per student, although it is rare for a student to receive more than one StAP appointment.
- The program is open to all students regardless of financial need.
Financial Aid and Employment
- Updated for 2019-2020: Positions are for the full academic year. StAP positions are for a maximum of six hours per week at $8.75 per hour for 15 weeks per academic semester. Payment is made on a bi-weekly basis.
Interested students should read through the descriptions and choose up to three of the positions. After eligible applicants have been interviewed by their potential supervisors, appointments will be made based on interests, qualifications, and fund availability. Successful applicants will be notified by the last week of the semester.
In fairness to all, late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Note - Students will be required to participate in mandatory StAP student training sessions on the Saturday after the first week of classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I apply for more than one position?
Yes, you can apply for up to three positions, if you so desire.
Do I fill out a separate application for each position that I am applying for?
No. There is space to list the different positions in the order of your preference. You will, however, need to submit a separate statement for each position. This is all done online.
What is the GPA requirement?
The minimum GPA is 2.50 to apply to
When and how will I be notified if I have received a StAP appointment?
Successful applicants will receive an e-mail no later than the last week of the spring semester.
Why does this process take so long?
The combination of many great opportunities, the number of students who are interested in positions, students being able to apply for multiple positions, and limited funding, offers many challenges and takes time to sort out. We think you will find it is worth the wait!
2019 STAP APPLICATION TIMELINE
|Friday, March 29th @ noon, HWCC 311||
|Wednesday, April 10th @ 7 pm||
|FRIDAY, APRIL 19th||
|Wednesday, APRIL 24th||
|Friday, April 26th||