The OMSA Success Fund provides wraparound support resources for low-income students in need. The goal of this fund is to help retain students for at least one full academic year, from the time they access the fund.
The OMSA Success Fund provides resources for tuition, books, and/or personal expenses that would otherwise threaten a student's ability to persist at Ohio Wesleyan.
The Fund is meant to only become available to students once other resources have been exhausted. When applying, students will first be referred to other campus resources such as the WCSA Emergency Grant or Financial Aid.
What It Covers & Amount
The funds are available for such things as tuition balances, books or required classroom materials, or urgent medical expenses not covered by your insurance. These funds may not be used for travel-away opportunities, or personal technology. Students are able to receive up to $2000 per academic year.
Examples of Possible Expenses
- Tuition gaps, including fees as appropriate
- Books and/or classroom materials (e.g., on-line codes, lab equipment fees, art materials, etc.)
- Clothing for the winter months
- Medical / Dental expenses that would otherwise hinder persistence
- Public transportation expenses to/from campus during holiday breaks
Examples of Expenses Not Covered
- New laptop or phone
- Legal fees
- Costs of travel-away or OWU Connection activities
- Alcohol, tobacco, or any other controlled substance
- Medical / Dental expenses that are cosmetic
The OMSA Success Fund is open to any currently enrolled OWU student who qualifies for a Pell grant, or has qualified for a Pell grant in the last two academic semesters.
To find out if you meet these criteria, contact Financial Aid.
The application has closed for the summer. It will re-open in August 2020.
In the meantime, students looking for financial support related to the pandemic should apply for CARES Funds here.
Contact OMSA with any questions about the Success Fund.