What is a Residential Life Coordinator (RLC)?

A Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) is a professional staff member who oversees the different campus communities. RLCs supervise resident assistants and moderators, support building operations, and assist in conflict mediation, room change requests, student conduct, and campus programming.

What is a resident assistant? What is a moderator?

A Resident Assistant (RA) is an upperclassman who lives on your floor and serves as the first point of contact for students. This person was selected through an application and screening process and has been given training in a variety of issues facing college students. RAs are required to be on their floors on a regular basis and get to know each of their residents.

A Moderator is an upperclassman student who supervises a Small Living Unit (SLU). A Moderator is a student staff member who is also a contact person for students who might have concerns. First-year students do not typically live in a Small Living Unit but are encouraged to attend programs and become involved with SLU initiatives.

Where do I send my mail and packages?

OWU Box # (this can be found in your ResLife Portal)
40 Rowland Ave.
Ohio Wesleyan University
Delaware, OH 43015

Who do I call when I get locked out?

Between the hours of 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., you can call an RA on duty. This phone number is posted throughout your residence hall. Outside of those hours, you can call Public Safety to let you in your room. Frequent use of lockout assistance may result in a fee of $5 assessed to your student account.

How do I check out of my room?

If you are leaving campus or switching rooms, you can return your key using the express checkout process. Express checkout locations are available in the Welch Lobby and outside of the Residential Life Office, Hamilton Williams 225. Students who do not return their keys may be assessed a lock/key change fee of $200.

How do I register as a commuter?

Please review the University's Residency Requirement website.  If you are interested in being a commuter student, you would need to meet the exemption requirements and submit the application as shared on the website. 

I'm having trouble with my roommate; what do I do?

Conflict with roommate(s) is common when learning to live with new people. The first step is to communicate your concerns and needs directly with your roommate(s) and attempt to come to a resolution between yourself and your roommate(s).

RAs and Moderators can provide suggestions and guidance for this initial conversation. If no resolution can be reached with your roommate(s), your RA or Moderator will help mediate a conversation and come to a resolution.

If there continues to be unresolved conflict, your Residential Life Coordinator may get involved in mediation or assist a student interested in a room change.

How do I change rooms?

To begin the room change process, contact your Residential Life Coordinator Residential Life staff member can help you with that process.

Can I change my meal plan?

Meal plans can be changed before a new semester begins and through the first two weeks of the semester. You can change your meal plan by logging into your ResLife Portal.

Can I cancel my meal plan?

All students are required to have a meal plan.  Rare exceptions will be considered for those students with medical conditions that cannot be accommodated by the University's food service vendor. Contact the Dean of Students Office, deansoffice@owu.edu, for more information about the meal plan exemption.

Can I bring an animal to campus?

Certain pets are permitted in the residence halls, including fish that can fit in a 10-gallon tank or one of the following pets per person: gerbil, hamster, and guinea pigs. These are allowed as long as you submit a pet registration form. Pet registration forms are available in the Residential Life Office. All roommates must agree and sign the pet registration form.

Emotional Support Animals must be approved and registered through the Accessibility Services Office. Ohio Wesleyan is committed to providing housing accommodation to students with disabilities in compliance with the most recent guidance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Fair Housing Act (FHA). Students who require an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) may be permitted to bring an animal to campus as long as they comply with OWU's ESA policy. Typically, support animals are permitted only within the student's dwelling and only if there is a documented nexus between the disability and the support the animal provides. A student may be approved for up to one animal. To request an ESA application, contact OWU's Accessibility Services Office at aso@owu.edu.

How do I apply for a housing accommodation?

Housing accommodation requests are managed through the Accessibility Services Office. To request a housing accommodation application, contact OWU's Accessibility Services Office at aso@owu.edu.

Who do I contact for wifi, device setup, or computer issues?

  • Access the Information Services Self-Help Site for instructions or chat assistance.
  • Call the Information Services Help Desk at 740-368-3120.
  • Stop by the Information Services Help Desk on the lower level of the Corns Building between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Who do I contact for heating, cooling, or other maintenance concerns?

Submit a work request through the BishopWorks system. For after-hours emergencies such as a flooding sink, contact Public Safety.

I lost my room key; how do I get a new one?

Lost keys can be reported through Residential Life by emailing your Residential Life Coordinator or the Residential Life Office. There will be a $200 fee assessed to your student account, and the lock will be replaced with new keys provided by the Building and Grounds department.

What should I bring with me to college?

We put together two lists to help you get started. Most students will find our Packing Guide helpful. Students living in the apartments will find the Apartments - What to Bring guide more helpful.

What services and amenities does Res Life provide?

Living on campus in a residential space means you'll have access to Res Life services and amenities. From community kitchens and fitness facilities to how to borrow a vacuum or store your stuff...you'll want to know these benefits exist for students living on campus!



Residential Life Office
Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 213
Ohio Wesleyan University
Delaware, OH 43015
P 740-368-3175
F 740-368-3174
E reslife@owu.edu

Social Media

Other Contact Information

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - Noon and 1-5 p.m.

Mailing Address:
Office of Residential Life
Hamilton-Williams Campus Center 225
Ohio Wesleyan University
Delaware, OH 43015