The Accessibility Services Office promotes access and opportunities for students with disabilities through collaboration with the other Centers in the Sagan Academic Resource Center, including the Office of Academic Advising, and collaborates across campus with Counseling Center, the Residential Life Office, the Wellness Center, and the faculty.
***REQUEST ACCOMMODATIONS HERE***
***REQUEST TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATIONS HERE***
***Schedule an appointment with the Director of ASO on Penji***
What Services does the ASO offer?
- Review of disability documentation
- Approve reasonable accommodations for academic and residential settings
- Classroom and testing accommodations
- Housing and ESA accommodations
- Advocacy and support for faculty, staff, and students
- Assistance with developing executive functioning skills
- Provide temporary disability support for short-term injuries or conditions, pre- and post-surgical physical limitations, and concussions
How Can the ASO Help?
- Respond to inquiries from prospective students and their families
- Consult with faculty regarding teaching and learning best practices for students with disabilities
- Provide assistance with accessible technology
- Connect students with campus support resources
Testing Block Schedule
Testing Time Blocks: M-TH: 9:00am-4:00pm, F: 8:00am-2:00pm
The ASO provides reasonable academic accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, and follows the regulations of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Students with disabilities registered with the Accessibility Services Office (ASO) agree to:
- Initiate contact with the ASO Coordinator to disclose disability, provide requested documentation, and complete an Intake Interview.
- Arrange all testing accommodations with the OWU Testing Center at least 2 business days prior to an exam.
- Make exam/test arrangements with my professor in their academic department or work with my professor to make arrangements to complete exams/tests in the OWU Testing Center during the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm
- Friday 8am-2pm
- If taking an exam, to set my cell phone on “airplane mode” or “off” and place it in my bookbag or on the ASO Proctor Desk for the duration of my exam, to ensure test integrity.
- Check-in for appointments at the OWU Testing Center or ASO Coordinator's office on time. If I am 15 or more minutes late, I may be asked to re-schedule my appointment (i.e., meeting with the ASO Coordinator, taking exams).
- To take notes in class because it is my responsibility. I understand that I am responsible for attending every class session in order to take or receive notes.
- Give my permission to the ASO Coordinator to discuss my accommodations with applicable OWU faculty members and staff, as is necessary. I have been educated on my role as well as the role of faculty members and staff in providing accommodations.
Director of Accessibility Services
Testing Center Coordinator