2024 Summer Housing Information
Welcome to the summer housing information page! Please review all the information below so you are aware of how summer housing works at OWU.
The summer housing application will be available starting March 4, 2024 on the Res Life Portal.
Summer Housing Important Dates
|March 4, 2024||Summer housing application opens|
|April 19, 2024||Final deadline for summer housing applications|
|April 26, 2024||Summer housing placements out to students|
|May 8, 2024||Summer housing rates begin|
|May 8-12, 2024||Residents move to summer assignment (Res Life will communicate an individual move date/time with each student, as move dates will vary as we prepare for alumni weekend).|
|May 20, 2024||Summer classes begin|
|July 24, 2024||Summer classes end|
|July 25-26, 2024||Move out for students living on campus for only the summer class session|
|August 2-4, 2024||Residents move to fall housing assignment. Details on move timeline will be provided well ahead of deadlines. (Res Life will communicate an individual move date/time with each student, as move dates will vary as we prepare for the start of the academic year).|
|August 18, 2024||Summer housing rates end|
Summer Housing Options
We have limited housing available to students over the summer months. Summer residents will have roommates (in rooms designed for more than one person) as we try to accommodate as many students in the housing options we have available over the summer.
Summer housing options include the following: 94A Rowland (SLU), 94B Rowland (SLU), 110A Rowland (SLU), 110B Rowland (SLU), 118A Rowland (SLU), 118B Rowland (SLU), and Honors House.
Roommate matching can occur in one of three ways:
1. You search for and select specific people you know and would like to live with during the application process. All roommates will need to add each other as roommates in the roommate finder, which is part of the new housing portal.
2. You can use the search function in the roommate finder in the housing portal to find students who answered application questions similarly to you. You have full control to focus your search on specific questions or all questions.
3. You can let us use the new roommate matching software to find you the best match based on your application questions.
Summer Housing Rates
The 2024 summer housing rates are $140/week for a multiple occupancy space and $175/week for a single room. All students, regardless of their purpose on campus over the breaks will pay the same weekly housing rate based on the type of room they choose to live in. Housing rates will be prorated based on your move-in and move-out dates. Full summer housing charges will be placed on student accounts and housing credits will be applied as move-in and move-out dates are final.
Summer Dining Available
Smith Dining operates during the summer months when campus and conferences are visiting campus and eating meals. If you wish to eat in Smith Dining when it's open over the summer, you can pay cash at the entrance of Smith Dining.
The schedule for summer meals will be shared via the AVI website. While Smith Dining will not be open for all meals, it will be open often.
Additional Summer Housing Information
1. Summer housing costs will be applied to student accounts in one lump sum. In the summer, that charge is typically applied at the beginning of your summer stay.
2. Students will be responsible for keeping their rooms and the residence hall clean. A Housekeeping schedule for bathrooms and common areas will be provided in June to students assigned to summer housing.
3. All rules in the Student Handbook apply during the summer.