The University encourages students to report a concern and/or incident so a response can be initiated and follow up support is provided to members of the community that have been impacted. All submitted reports will be followed up with to the fullest extent that the University is able.
It is important to note that submitting a report will initiate some follow up. If a student is unsure if they want to report something, they are encouraged to contact a confidential resources on-campus to discuss options and process experiences.
These reporting options will maintain confidentiality unless required by law to break confidentiality. Any parties involved in a complaint may speak with:
- Counseling Services: (740) 368-3145 (or 3145 from a campus phone)
- Office of the Chaplain: (740) 368-3083 (or 3083 from a campus phone)
- Student Health Services: (740) 368-3160 (or 3160 from a campus phone)
Online Reporting Tools
Students are encouraged to report any concerns that they have for members of the community. Please utilize the online reporting tools below to notify University staff about concerns.
If this is an emergency that requires immediate assistance, please call Public Safety (740) 368-2222.
- Report a concern about another student or incident
- Report sexual harassment or assault
- Report a Campus Climate Concern
- Report a concern about hazing
If an issue cannot be resolved by Ohio Wesleyan’s above internal processes, students may choose to file a complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Students who reside in other states also may appeal to their state of residence, if they prefer. Students also may contact our accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission.