Hometown: Mumbai, India Majors: Astrophysics Minor: Math Campus Involvement: Resident Assistant (Women in STEM), Pitch Black Member, Society of Physics Students Treasurer, VP of Horizons International Favorite Organization Tool: I love making to-do lists arranged chronologically. I assign certain tasks for each day of the week and keep updating my list as they come.
The Ohio Wesleyan Leadership Fellows program is designed to provide students with well-developed leadership skills combined with the opportunity to organize, influence, and present leadership programs that serve the campus community. The Fellows program also allows for mentoring emerging student leaders.
Hometown: Waterbury, Connecticut Major: Psychology Campus Involvement: Merrick Mentor, Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity, Vice President of Recruitment for the Panhellenic Council, Psychology Department Student Board Member Fun Fact: I interned this past summer as a job coach to virtually teach high school students essential job skills to ace a job interview and how to be professional.
Hometown: Minot, ND Major: Music Education Campus Involvement: Education Fellows, Latham Scholar, previous Music Student Board member, previous Resident Assistant Favorite Organizational Tool:I use a good old-fashioned planner! I find that once I physically write something down, it's more likely to get done.
Hometown: Kampala, Uganda Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Management Minor: Psychology Campus Involvement: President of Rafiki, Resident Assistant for Bigelow-Reed, Women's Rugby, Black Student Union Involvement Advice:Try them out and see if you like them, if you do like the organization keep going back! If not, try something else and that might be your cup of tea!
Hometown: Windham, ME Major: Exercise Science Campus Involvement: Women's Varsity Soccer Team, Women's Varsity Lacrosse Team Captain, Co-Chair of the HHK Board, VP of Foundation in Delta Gamma Involvement Advice: Don't stress yourself out by joining a bunch of organizations, rather find 1 or 2 organizations you are really passionate about for your first semester.
Hometown: El Paso, TX Majors: Economics, International Studies Minor: Arabic Campus Involvement: Model United Nations, College Democrats, VIVA Latinx Favorite Organizational Tool: Google Calendar 100%. It gives you warnings 15 minutes before meetings and is very easy to use.
Although each Fellowship is unique in purpose and tasks, general responsibilities may include:
- Be willing to learn and become knowledgeable of student organization resources including Engage, Success Framework, and How to at OWU Guide
- Educate and coach student organizations on how to utilize the Success Framework to assess their group
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly category meetings to encourage collaboration, provide resources and answer questions related to student organizations
- Serve as the main contact for student organizations and provide follow up communication to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Assist with collaborative events coordinated by the category
- Fellowships are unpaid but they provide an opportunity for personal growth and development and an opportunity to expand transferable skills
We are here to help
Leadership Fellows provide educational experiences to peers through workshops and newsletters. Some additional tasks may include the following:
- Assist in developing and publicizing SIO leadership workshops, such as GO!OWU, the OWU Summit, Student Leadership Challenge, Strengths Quest, etc.
- Assist in the creation and delivery of approximately 3 presentations throughout the academic year (Get PRO Series, Leaders in Letters, GO! OWU, OWU Summit, etc.)
- Assist in the development and distribution of a monthly student organization newsletter
- Assist in development and production of engaging videos to answer student organizations frequently asked questions
The LeaderShape Institute® challenges participants to lead with integrity™ while working towards a vision grounded in their deepest values. During six intense days of dialogue and interactive self-discovery in a supportive Learning Community, participants explore not only what they want to do, but who they want to be. The primary responsibility of the LeaderShape Fellow will be to coordinate OWU’s LeaderShape program.
Read more about the LeaderShape fellowship.
Interested in Applying
- Completed Application
- A reference letter from a peer
- Short essay
- 15-minute interview
Fellows may serve for one or multiple semesters, but must reapply after two semesters. Eligible applicants will be sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good academic standing (2.75 and above is preferred), and have a good conduct record. Additionally, applicants must have completed one or more of the following programs:
As positions become available, applications will be available in the online.
Any questions, please contact Nancy Bihl Rutkowski.
Hamilton-Williams Campus Center #143
Delaware, Ohio 43015