Ohio's Primary Election is March 17, 2020 - Register by February 18, 2020!
Not registering to vote in Ohio?
Voter Registration Info for all 50 States is available at Rock the Vote.
Registering to vote in Ohio? Continue below.
If you have an Ohio driver’s license, you may register to vote online.
If you do not have an Ohio driver’s license, you need to print, fill out, sign, and return the registration form to the Ohio county Board of Elections where you are registering (e.g., if you are registering to vote in Delaware County, send the form to the Delaware County Board of Elections).
Tips for Completing Ohio Voter Registration Form:
- Fill out the form in blue or black ink.
- Where the form says “I am:” check whether you are:
- registering as an Ohio voter for the first time,
- updating your address,
- or updating your name.
- To find out if you are already registered and/or if you need to update your address, look here. If your address has changed, you MUST use the form to update it.
- Items 1 and 2: check “yes” if you are a U.S. citizen and “yes” if you are going to be 18 by the next general election (by November 3, 2020).
- Item 3: Last Name and First Name and Middle Initial
- Items 4, 5, and 6. Enter your PHYSICAL ADDRESS. This may or may not be your mailing address. If you are registering to vote in Delaware, you SHOULD NOT use your HWCC mailing address, but rather your dorm’s PHYSICAL ADDRESS. Campus physical addresses are listed below.
- Item 7. Enter your mailing address if it is different than your physical address. If registering to vote in Delaware, this is where you would enter your HWCC mailing address and box number.
- Item 8. Enter the county you live in/where you are registering.
- Item 9. Your birthdate.
- Item 10. Your Ohio driver’s license number or last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Item 11. Your phone number (not required).
- Item 12. If you are UPDATING your registration, here is where you enter your OLD mailing address/the address under which you were previously registered. If you are registering for the first time, you need not enter anything in this section.
- Item 13. If you are changing your name, enter your former legal name here.
- Item 14. Sign and date.
- Mail your form to the county Board of Elections where you are registering (e.g., if you are registering in Delaware, send it to the Delaware County Board of Elections, if you are registering in Licking County, send it to the Licking County Board of Elections).
Sample Registration Forms (link here to scan of sample forms)
Physical Addresses of Residence Halls and Houses
|Bashford Hall||70 South Liberty|
|Hayes Hall||165 West William|
|Smith Hall||38 South Liberty|
|Stuyvesant Hall||223 West William|
|Thomson Hall||62 South Liberty|
|Welch Hall||56 South Liberty|
|4 Williams Drive||4 Williams Drive|
|Bigelow-Reed House||23 Williams Drive|
|Panhel House||30 Williams Drive|
|Alpha Sigma Phi||9 Williams Drive|
|Chi Phi||216 North Franklin|
|Delta Tau Delta||20 Williams Drive|
|Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji)||35 Williams Drive|
|Sigma Phi Epsilon||10 Williams Drive|
|Honors House||81 Oak Hill|
|House of Black Culture||65 Oak Hill|
|Citizens of the World (COW)||88 Oak Hill|
|Creative Arts House (CAH)||123 Oak Hill|
|House of Linguistic Diversity (HOLD)||94A Rowland Avenue|
|La CASA||110B Rowland Avenue|
|Inter-Faith House (IF)||118A Rowland Avenue|
|Peace & Justice House (P&J)||94B Rowland Avenue|
|Sexuality & Gender Equality House||118B Rowland Avenue|
|Tree House||110A Rowland Avenue|
Complete Voter Registration Information for Ohio is available from Ohio Secretary of State.