Students in World Languages and Cultures can explore their passion in languages and cultures by completing an internship that will allow them to:
- connect their different fields of study
- learn new tasks and acquire valuable professional experience
- practice and apply their language skills within a specialized setting
- gain better interpersonal communication, problem-solving and leadership skills
- explore new venues and expand professional networks
Internships can be one semester long (1 credit) or shorter (.25 or .50 credits). The length and focus of the internship should be consulted and approved by the WLC Department Chair the semester prior to starting the project. Once the project is approved, each student should work closely with a faculty mentor to assure the goals and objectives of the project are met.