Check back often to learn about different events available on-campus!
- International Recovery Day, September 30th from 11:30am to 1pm on the JAYwalk. Recovery is for everyone! International Recovery day acknowledges those with drug, alcohol, and behavioral addictions. Join the Bishop Way, Counseling Services, & Public Safety to celebrate, we will have give-a-ways, community & campus resources & information available, safe at-home drug disposal pouches, and ally resources, quick substance use assessments, and more! Find us on the JAYwalk or with bad weather inside the Hamilton-Williams Atrium.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Sex in the Dark, October 4th 7:30-8:45pm in the Benes Room B. Stay anonymous in this lights-off in-person event while professional sexperts answer your deepest, darkest questions. No question too simple — or too outrageous. Pick up your free glow bracelet or necklaces at the event.
- Awareness Flags, October 4-31 on the JAYwalk. 34,560 people experience rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner per day in the United States. Each flag represents 24 people. The amount of people that experience intimate partner violence per minute in the U.S
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month Tabling, Hamilton Williams Atrium during the noon hour
- Wear Purple Day or #PurpleThursday, October 21. Purple is the official color of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The third Thursday in Domestic Violence Awareness month is recognized nationally as wear purple day. Everyone is encouraged to wear purple, raising awareness of domestic violence and showing your commitment to promoting healthy relationships.
- Take Back the Night, October 26th - a local version of the national Take Back the Night march. Take back the Night is an event centered around the mission of ending sexual, romantic, and domestic violence. Sponsored by the Bishop Way and Women's Resource Center. Check back for specific event time and location.