Greetings from Ohio Wesleyan's Residential Life Office. The staff looks forward to welcoming you to campus and inviting you into our residential community.
OWU is a residential, liberal arts university; therefore, learning outside the classroom is a valued part of the OWU experience.
Full-time students reside on campus unless they meet housing exemption criteria (learn more about our residency requirement). We believe your time spent as a resident of the University community is an important part of your educational experience. To reserve a space in the residence halls, you need to have paid your Enrollment Deposit of $400 ($450 for international students) .
To complete the room assignment process, you must complete the online housing application, which will be active soon. Your login information for the housing application will be emailed to you.
We attempt to match you with a person or people who have similar preferences, making it important that you provide accurate information on these documents. Please carefully read the Housing Contract, displayed when you finish applying for housing online. The contract explains the rules and regulations of the residence halls.
As a first-year student, you are automatically a member of the YearOne community.
First-year students also need to complete and submit medical information to the Student Health Center.
Housing To-Do List
- Pay your $400 Enrollment Deposit ($450 for international students).
- Complete your Housing Application (by May 15, 2017, for priority consideration).
- Read the Housing Contract.
Complete your Required Medical Form.
- All Housing Applications for returning students are due by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, February 26, 2017.
- Specific Housing Options interviews and selections will be completed between February 27 – March 8, 2017.
- General Housing Selection for Rising Seniors will occur at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 23, 2017, in the Milligan Hub (Stuyvesant Hall).
- General Housing Selection for Rising Juniors will occur at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 30, 2017, in the Milligan Hub (Stuyvesant Hall).
- General Housing Selection for Rising Sophomores will occur at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 6, 2017, in the Milligan Hub (Stuyvesant Hall).
- Housing applications for new students are due on May 15, 2017.
Central Office Staff
Wendy Piper, M.Ed.
Meredith Dixon, M.Ed.
Residential Life Coordinators
Dominique Aaron, M.Ed.
Joshua Lisko, M.Ed
Thea Smekens, MAED