Greetings from Ohio Wesleyan's Residential Life Office. The staff looks forward to welcoming you to campus and inviting you into our residential community.
OWU is a residential, liberal arts university; therefore, learning outside the classroom is a valued part of the OWU experience.
Full-time students reside on campus unless they meet housing exemption criteria (learn more about our residency requirement). We believe your time spent as a resident of the University community is an important part of your educational experience. To reserve a space in the residence halls, you need to have paid your Enrollment Deposit of $400 ($450 for international students).
To complete the room assignment process, you must complete the online housing application, which will be active soon. Your login information for the housing application will be emailed to you.
We attempt to match you with a person or people who have similar preferences, making it important that you provide accurate information on these documents. Please carefully read the Housing Contract, displayed when you finish applying for housing online. The contract explains the rules and regulations of the residence halls.
As a first-year student, you are automatically a member of the YearOne community.
First-year students also need to complete and submit medical information to the Student Health Center.
First Year Student Housing To-Do List for 2018-19
- Pay your $400 Enrollment Deposit ($450 for international students).
- Complete your Housing Application (by May 15, 2018, for priority consideration).
- Read the Housing Contract.
Complete your Required Medical Form.
Returning Student Housing Timeline for 2018-19
- All Housing Applications for returning students are due in February 2018.
- Specific Housing Options interviews and selections will be completed between late February-early March 2018.
- General Housing Selection for Rising Seniors will occur in late March 2018.
- General Housing Selection for Rising Juniors will occur in late March/early April 2018.
- General Housing Selection for Rising Sophomores will occur in early April 2018.
- Housing applications for new students are due on May 15, 2018.