Global Scholars’ Requirements
- Enroll in the first-year seminar in fall of Freshmen year.
- Take a minimum of four semester-length language courses (4 credits) at OWU prior to the semester abroad. In extraordinary cases, a student can petition the Global Scholars Faculty Board (GSFB) to take the fourth course while studying abroad, detailing the justification for such an exception.
- Spend a semester abroad in an accredited program, ideally in a non-English speaking country.
- Complete a GSFB approved capstone project, normally a thesis with global content done in the Senior Year under the supervision of a professor in the major field. The final project must be submitted to the GSFB by Friday of Week 13 of the student’s final semester.
- Global Scholars must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0. Students falling below 3.0 face expulsion from the program at the discretion of the GSFB.