To apply for a Spring Break Interfaith Service Team:
1. Complete the online Spring Break Interfaith Service Week 2021 Application Form.
2. Submit a one- to two-page essay by email (Word, RTF, or PDF format).
Things to include in your essay:
- Why do you want to participate in Spring Break Interfaith Service Week as a program?
- Beyond that interest, what draws you to each of the specific teams that you preferenced?
- Your essay is the PRIMARY deciding factor for the selection committee.
(Suggestion: Don’t focus your remarks only on your first-choice team. Should you not to be selected for that team, you then are at a disadvantage regarding placement on other teams as the selection committee will have little information to gauge your interest in them.)
Your application and one- to two-page essay must be emailed to Chad Johns and received by 5 p.m., Monday, Sept. 23, 2019, to ensure consideration for this year’s interfaith service program.
Please note that, due to the commitments required of team members in both semesters, if you are studying off campus in the fall or spring, you are not eligible to participate on an interfaith service team.
2020 Spring Break Interfaith Service Week Teams
When Two Worlds Collide: Dynamics and Challenges of the Texas/Mexico Border
Return to Puerto Rico: Hurricane Maria Recovery
Gender, Sexuality, and Poverty: Navigating Overlapping Realities in New York City
Building and Rebuilding: Lakota Nation, SD
Dare to Understand: Interfaith Center of Greater Philadelphia
Details on the 2020 Spring Break Interfaith Service Week Teams can be found at Current Teams.